Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Bomb settings

View previous topic  Soccer Post :: Post Anyone having problems logging into Bl...  View next topic  
General Shadow
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Bomb settings Reply to topic Reply with quote

Man...I feel like a posting newb now...

I have been trying to get the bombs for my zone to work, but I am having difficulty.

I want to have the following bombs and damages, but I am not sure if it is possible:

Ship 3, Bomb that does 15 damage

Ship 4, Bomb that does 90 damage

Ship 6, Bomb that does 3 damage

Ship 7, Bomb that does 90 damage

Ship 8, Bomb that does 50 damage

Any help would be most appreciated. And sorry for the post spamming
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All bombs do the same damage if they hit a ship dead center.

You can change EMP bomb damage percent, same for bouncing bombs...

The bomb level only changes the radius of the blast.

Example: Normal ship has a radius of 14 pixels. If you set the blast radius to 28 pixels, and shoot a bomb that hits the side of that ship (14 pixels from center); with bombdamage = 100

(I'm assuming that it's linear here, but I don't think it is... but it gives a general idea on how it works)
Level 1: blast=28 pixels, damage = 50 (14/28 )*100
Level 2: blast=56 pixels, damage = 25 (14/56)*100
Level 3: blast=84 pixels, damage = 16.7 (14/84)*100

and so on.

A larger ship would take less damage from bombs because direct hits hit it further from its center.
A bomb hitting on the corner of a ship does less than one hitting on the side.

So keep in mind the bomb damage is highly dependeng on blast radius. If you use prox, bombs will most likely blow up a few tiles away from the ships, giving less damage too.

You can also have fun with this:
http://www.minegoboom.com/cgi-bin/ryan/bomb.cgi
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bomb damage is not managable in the least. You can figure out, "well, this bomb will do somewher between 20 and 80 damage", but that's usually about it.

While you can't split bomb damage between ships, you basically get three bomb damages to play with, normal, emp, and bounce. Of course you're also giving them emp or bounce. But if you want to split everything into three categories, that should work for you. However, if you're hoping for easily calculatable damage for some reason, you can't use bombs at all.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can also combine emp & bouncing bomb
If you have a bomb damage of 1000, EMP damage of 200.0%, bouncing bomb damage factor of 200.0%. The bomb damage for a bouncing emp bomb is 4000.

You can also play around with shrapnel by tweaking the shrapnel count and inactive shrapnel damage.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 501 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 1.158059 seconds : 29 queries executed (97.6%): GZIP compression disabled