Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
UBill 0.2 Biller Beta Release

View previous topic  <C> ASSS RPG Module Post :: Post <c> initial  View next topic  
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: UBill 0.2 Biller Beta Release Reply to topic Reply with quote

As I said, I am releasing a beta version of my biller before I head to the beach on vacation. I'm not asking you to like it. I would like you guys to give it hell and help me debug it if there are any bugs. If you happen to see any bugs please copy and paste the output (if you executed through the terminal) and either reply or report it to http://braddavis.info/help . (My ISP is wild, so the site may or may not be online).

I'll be on a little while I am on vacation but not much. I didn't have time to test a lot of things before I left and I wanted to go ahead and get it released. The internet just kicked back on, so I will go ahead and release it.

Everything you need to know should be in the ReadMeNow.txt. The first time you login (if you are on operators.txt) it should treat you like a player (because it had to create your name). The next time it should automatically log you into your BanG. I may or may not add BanG passwords. (They are almost always temp so who needs them?).

Anyway, here it is. Click the attachment. Enjoy (or hate). Just please help me to debug and give me advice.

Once again, huge thanks to Smong for showing me the "Smong"/Singelton/Factory/Whatever class. <3

Also, if you have any advice for me (mainly Cypher) about datagram and subgame, let me know. I have no idea how subgame works.

UBill.zip - 79.81 KB
File downloaded or viewed 69 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Small Update

I made the GUI a tad bit more attractive. I made the config and shutdown biller buttons stay at the bottom. It looks nicer that way. It is no where near enough to release a new version. If you wish to use the new GUI I have attached the jar and class updates.

I will be leaving on the 27th (Wednesday). I will be back Sunday, but the internet should be working at the hotel. I may have to sit in the lobby to get it, but I will try to get it in my room. icon_smile.gif

Screenshot-1.png - 10.01 KB
File downloaded or viewed 61 time(s)

UBillUpdate.zip - 36.78 KB
File downloaded or viewed 69 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump, but I figured I'd provide some feedback since no one else has, and I assume you still frequent this forum.

One major problem with your biller is that you don't seem to be handling colons properly. Since it's a fundamental part of the TCP protocol, you should really take care in handling them.

Players shouldn't be allowed to have colons in their name, nor passwords, nor should zones be allowed to have colons anywhere in their connection protocol. You should be expecting a strict number of parameters, and refusing any extras or missing.

On the other hand, you should also handle extra colons in messages, chats, and whatnot. That's the reason the 'text' part comes last. If I type ?message=hakaku:He said: Wassup!, I should be receiving the entire last part in my messages "He said: Wassup!". Currently, UBill cuts it off everywhere as just "He said".

I would also not recommend storing a message if the message is blank/empty.

Also:
Quote:
<player> Invaild login attempt: PlayerName
PlayerName> ?squad
Invaild format. ?squadowner Squad
Squad:
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 658 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.936477 seconds : 30 queries executed (97.1%): GZIP compression disabled