Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Asss 1.5.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic  Staff Login Post :: Post Billing & Directory Problems  View next topic  
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

MikeTheNose wrote:
[..]

Issue is resolved.

Really? I'm curious as to how you accomplished that from a technical standpoint.

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He's referring to another issue, i.e. the reason why I brought that up was because I had originally aliased all of Deva's bot commands with their ASSS counterparts, to make commands more familiar to older staff. Not having billing access, I never knew that some of these commands were used by the biller, so by aliasing them, I essentially blocked them from being sent to the biller. MTN helped me resolve the blocked commands, but I was curious as to why ASSS stops these commands from being logged (cmdman.c), but doesn't stop them from being used by another module, or at least still forward them to the biller rather than blocking them entirely at the zone level.

I realize the issue with this is that it creates a biller-dependancy and is best avoided, but not everyone has knowledge of the main SSC biller itself, which we've already become dependant on.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For the curious, commands can be routed directly to the biller using ?\command, such as ?\login.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How's it coming on 1.5 brain? Any estimated release dates? (Winter 09') icon_smile.gif
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The list of bugs remaining for 1.5.0 is here.

There are 11 bugs on that list as I write this, but only #10 and #52 need significant amounts of code.

As for a release date, I expected to have this done a month ago, so clearly my estimates aren't worth much. We have come a long way though: Closed Bugs
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

would it be possible to add a capability or modify "bypasssecurity" in the security module so that any warnings about exe / map / setting checksum mismatches are not logged? (Unless I am missing some existing setting)

All the red warnings about subchat are getting a bit annoying
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Another small request, would it be possible to add both the name of the user who was banned, along with the name of the user who performed ?kick in ?listmidbans ? Just seeing a macid along with the time left doesn't tell me much.
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

would it be possible to use the util.c file as a shim for functions?

like every time the core is recompiled, adding the current functions in util.c into the core, so that the file doesnt need to be manually added to every project?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's only on windows that they have to be manually added. They're not part of Linux modules, since it can take the function bodies from the loaded asss core.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
would it be possible to use the util.c file as a shim for functions?

like every time the core is recompiled, adding the current functions in util.c into the core, so that the file doesnt need to be manually added to every project?

Make a Util module with an interface, then you can just use that.
Animate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Argh, come on, I see only two errors left!
Animate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, crap, I didn't log in so I can't edit my post. Anyway. While I'm here, I might as well ask a couple questions.

Back when I was actually trying to program modules there were a couple things that would have been a MAJOR convenience to me. While neither of them are strictly necessary, they'd certainly go a long way towards making modules easier to write.

First off, I don't think there's a way to pause for a variable amount of time. I remember trying to write an event manager similar to the popular MERV event plugin, or Smong's python event module. Anyway, I'd need to take a vote, which means waiting for some set amount of time for players to actually vote. I believe I had to set a timer, break my current function, and have the timer call a new function to continue my code. Now, what I was hoping for was some function or macro to call that would just... wait. Some kind of delay function. Only I don't actually know if it's possible to have one module delay without tying up all the other modules, without using a timer. At the very least, though, I think it could be abstracted away from the user.

The other thing I remember... I don't think there was ever a CB_SPAWN. And that would've helped a lot. I remember Bak had a work around with his initial.c, and it didn't look hard. Is there a reason no one made a CB_SPAWN? It'd have to go off whenever players entered or changed ships or respawned(Bak I believe checked every time a player moved to see when they had respawned), but it seems like it should still be part of the core.

Anyway, I'm really just wondering if those things don't exist for some specific reason, or just because no one ever made them.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Those errors are likely fixed, but have yet to be retested.

There's a few finishing touches. The hardest part will be figuring out how to package the release. I hope to have it out to you guys in a few days if everything goes smoothly.

EDIT: you reposted right before me... To answer your questions: a delay would cause the server to die horribly. Use timers. It's the only way. CB_SPAWN has been added for 1.5.0.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I'm happy for CB_SPAWN. As for a delay, I was thinking along the lines of a sleeping thread. If I understand what sleeping is for a thread, it lets the thread pause for either a set amount of time or until it gets awoken, without making the other threads stop. I mean I'm sure the modules aren't working like threads, but I just hate having to break my logic for a 3 second pause. I guess if it's not possible though, then whatever. Life sucks. Unless you want to rewrite the core so each module runs in its own thread. Schedule for 1.6.0?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you want your own thread, then feel free to make one. I'm not about to quadruple the system requirements by adding threads for each module just to cater to lazy programmers.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
If I understand what sleeping is for a thread, it lets the thread pause for either a set amount of time or until it gets awoken

Thats a really nasty way of timing, its not accurate as sleep only specifies the minimum time the thread will be paused. Its not the solution you are looking for. As brain said, a timer with a callback function is probably a better solution.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the main loop interface has a settimer function
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 1208 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.625299 seconds : 43 queries executed (82.7%): GZIP compression disabled