Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
<C> ASSS Colors/Say/Voice Module
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  <C> ASSS Flags Module Post :: Post Continuum Log Viewer  View next topic  
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: <C> ASSS Colors/Say/Voice Module Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have made a module

which allows anyone to send an arena message or zone message
in any color capable by continuum,
both can be either signed or anonymous.
Powers are limited by groupdef.
Source attached.

***NEW***
You can now create modules which can send colored player or arena messages!
Simply use the interface and insert color->Pink(p,"bleh") into your code!

***NEWER***
The colors module has now become 3 modules in 1!
The core of the module has changed, using less memory and all that junk n stuff.
Also, the interface has been greatly extended, allowing you to send any color to the zone, an arena, or a player.
Additionally, you can now use the ?say command, just like the old *say in subgame, and !say in mervbot (kind of), to make any player, real or fake, say whatever you want them to! (I would suggest limiting these powers by groupdef to only those who you can -truly- trust)
Also, a ?voice command has been added to change your boring old blue pub chats into a more fun color, like pink or gray!
(Disclaimer: currently an echo due to technical limitations)

***NEWEST***
The core of the module and ?say has been streamlined.
Additionally, the interface has gained freq color functionality!

***FINAL***
The core of the module has undergone a final redesign, achieving perfection.
This includes code optimization, in which the number of lines was literally cut in half.
Also, an unloading bug has been fixed.
Additionally, the interface has been changed, and is now easier to use.

***Update***
Have gone through code and cleaned a lot of things up, and updated everything to be compatible with ASSS 1.6.0
Also removed voice and xchat modules, since they are cruft and require the not yet existing chat advisor.
Seperated the modules into different files for those that only want certain parts.

lines for modules.conf:
Code: Show/Hide

colors:colors
colors:say

commands for groupdef:
Code: Show/Hide

cmd_bluea
cmd_blueaa
cmd_bluez
cmd_blueaz
cmd_yellowa
cmd_yellowaa
cmd_yellowz
cmd_yellowaz
cmd_greena
cmd_greenaa
cmd_greenz
cmd_greenaz
cmd_reda
cmd_redaa
cmd_redz
cmd_redaz
cmd_orangea
cmd_orangeaa
cmd_orangez
cmd_orangeaz
cmd_graya
cmd_grayaa
cmd_grayz
cmd_grayaz
cmd_pinka
cmd_pinkaa
cmd_pinkz
cmd_pinkaz

privcmd_say

Any comments/suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Colors+Say Module Pack
By Cheese
For ASSS 1.6.0

colors+say.zip - 3.25 KB
File downloaded or viewed 245 time(s)

Colors/Say/Voice Module
By Cheese

colors.zip - 16.91 KB
File downloaded or viewed 289 time(s)

Last edited by Cheese on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 19 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

maybe more dynamic commands such as ?colora pink hello how are you, or ?colorzz blue this is the message. other than that nice work.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suggestion: don't call it as3.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Question: I noticed both you and Brain didn't release the playerdata interface in MM_UNLOAD. Is this intentional? Also, why are the commands being removed after the cmdman interface is released?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:
Question: I noticed both you and Brain didn't release the playerdata interface in MM_UNLOAD. Is this intentional?
Not intentional on my part. I'll try and correct that for future releases. Not that I actually expect there to be many more for the fuchsia module.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

im surprised i missed that as well, i basically pirated dr brains work, and also inherited that. icon_biggrin.gif
good eyes!
it has now been fixed.
attachment updated.

--edit--
Dr Brain wrote:

fuchsia

which is why it is now referred to as 'pink' icon_wink.gif

also, whats the deal with ASSS vs AS3?
arent the terms interchangable?
ive been using AS3 because it has 25% less letters to type D:

Last edited by Cheese on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

if AS3 is 25% of ASSS then what is A?

also, try to see if you can cut all code that is duplicated by using arrays
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

although AS3 is less words, it's harder to type because you have to type 3 unique characters, where as ASSS is only 2 different letters. even further, AS3 has a number in it, while ASSS has no numbers, and the different characters (a and s) are right next to eachother.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
although AS3 is less words,

ASSS and AS3 are both one word. Lol.

Looks like a very useful module. Will definitely attract player's attention when they notice there is a pink text color.

... Or maybe fake a team message to look like a public message icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They mean the same, but they're different words.
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
They mean the same, but they're different words.
Correction: One word long.
</ offtopic>

What would be a good idea is to use Targets. So you could do something like this:

//?blue hello
Linuxuser> hello

in team chat
Goldeye
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

More importantly than commands for colors, I'd like to have the chat interface expanded to take a color enum easily.
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what, like ?color YELLOW mehmehmeh..?

and i suppose i could add a target for v2, that way you could literally fake someone saying something...
it would be pretty cool, but i can only see it getting misused >_>
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I thought that most zones would restrict colors to mods... If it becomes a problem then mods can just disable the command.

And goldeye, just look at the source code. Its not really hard to implement in other projects.
Cheese

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the commands can currently be used by whatever group you give capabilities to...
no need to disable anything...
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
and i suppose i could add a target for v2, that way you could literally fake someone saying something...
it would be pretty cool, but i can only see it getting misused >_>

That's the reason *say got removed in subgame.

As for adding targets, with other ASSS chat commands like ?aa, the target restricts what players see the message.
For example :Player:?aa abcdefghjilk shows the arena message just for Player (You will need the privcmd_aa capability though)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

updated files, added load/unload log messages

also, i think im going to make an interface soon, so other mods can use fun spiffy colors >:3
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

huge update, added that interface, you can send arena messages in any color, or to a specific player.

i also completely redesigned how the module works.

files updated
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yet another huge redesign of how the module works, cut the number of lines of code roughly in half, as well as added new functionality!
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

did another big redesign.
fixed this
added freq functionality.

should be 100% stable now...
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
fixed this

It's fine in Voice, but in both Say and Colors you repeated the same issue: using an interface after you finished unloading it (e.g. when you remove commands). Just thought I'd give you a heads up icon_wink.gif
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

zomg ;_;

forgot those, lulz
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

fixed
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

big update

• recompiled for asss v1.5

new color features

• all references to 'gray' have been changed to 'grey' for international compliance
  • module will work as before. however: voice module will be reliant on my xchat module until changes are made to the existing chat module

new xchat (eXtended Chat) features

• xchat module will be packaged with color module
  • ABILITY TO REWRITE OR EVEN REMOVE CHAT MESSAGES (before they happen)
  • constants added/renamed for GREY/PINK
  • addition of high staff chat (in pink), simply uses \\, modchat (still in red) still uses \ (many zones have a seperate upper staff chat)
  • clarification added to capman constants (ex: modchat --> seemodchat)
  • subtle rewording of error/log messages (ex: shut up --> silenced)
  • fixed bug with sending nmepriv to same freq

since i suck at this, please look over the code and see where i screwed up, especially in regards to the chatnet parts...
fuschia was renamed to pink because #1: even its creator can not spell it correctly, and #2: color is a subjective term, meaning 'pink', 'fusha', and 'purple' are all equally acceptable.
i would like all if not most of these improvements made standard.
the bonus is that the code is already written (even if its made with duct tape and on fire)
:D

Colors Module for v1.5
with
XChat Module
By Cheese

colors+xchat.zip - 45.73 KB
File downloaded or viewed 260 time(s)
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

idea checklist for xchat:

fix bug sending silence message to ppl with unlimitedchat cap
inform modchat of silence
add seperate limit for cmd spam, cmd=text if !defined

fixed:
rewritten chats are no longer counted for spam limits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 420 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.497582 seconds : 52 queries executed (80.0%): GZIP compression disabled