Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
bot with damage (woo)

View previous topic  Ammo module Post :: Post Shields  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: bot with damage (woo) Reply to topic Reply with quote

My Easter present to the mgb forum members.
Quote:
apr 2 2005 smong

- installing it
the module it called bot1. so either in conf/modules.conf add:
bot:bot1

or with a command:
?insmod bot:bot1

you will also need to add some text to the bottom of conf/groupdef.dir/sysop:
cmd_addbot

- fighting them
currently up to 4 bots are allowed at once.

?addbot <alive ticks> <ship> <weapon> <freq>
alive ticks: time before the turret disappears. resets when killed. default: 1500.
ship: 0-7 (warbird=0). default: your ship.
weapon: gun=0 bomb=1. default: gun.
freq: 0-9999. default: your freq.
replace any of the parameters with * to use the default.

- what this module won't do
the bot won't fly since I'm no good at that sort of coding
the bot will treat doublebarrel/multifire bullets as single bullets
the bot only sees bullets/bombs/thors, so it will ignore reps/bursts and such

- getting help
anyone getting server crashes or weird glitches tell me.
anyone that can't get it to work, read here first http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Module_General_Faq then go and post on http://forums.minegoboom.com

windows only at the moment

bot.zip - 14.28 KB
File downloaded or viewed 119 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Chambahs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

-Tested and Approved by:

Chambahs® and Smong®
SSDT-A Unreal Tournament®
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

emot-wtf.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ROFL chamby, leave poor Smong alone biggrin.gif

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice, I wonder what Bak's is like.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wrote something like this a while ago. Did you use the same method that catid used in ssbot2? Did you also calculate bomb proximity?
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I haven't looked at the code in ssbot2. It supports prox and bouncing weapons.

Edit:
Important update
After adding cmd_addbot to the group files you might want to type:
?reloadconf groupdef.conf
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm uploading partial source for this bot. Since I released my damage module (which was based off this bot) I have separated the code out.

Just to recap when typing ?addbot this bot will spawn where you are and sit still and shoot at nearby enemies. It will take damage and when it dies it will respawn where the killer was when it died (so it won't respawn ontop of the killer, unless they are stationary too).

Edit: To use this add these lines to conf/modules.conf:
damage:damage
damage:bot1
And add cmd_addbot to conf/groupdef.dir/mod.

143 src dll

asss-bot1-v1.8d.zip - 21.98 KB
File downloaded or viewed 75 time(s)
z.alpha+
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
It will take damage and when it dies it will respawn

I loaded the modules and the bot appears and loses energy when it shoots (the recharge isn't working as stated), but never takes damage from my weapons.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did you change to another freq before shooting at it? Are you using the default arena settings?
z.alpha+
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
Did you change to another freq before shooting at it? Are you using the default arena settings?

of course i was on another freq before shooting at the thing and trying to cause damage. i even used the command line paramters to generate the bot on another freq.

as for the settings, i created a special arena called svs and used this conf.

Code: Show/Hide

; drop in all of svs settings here
#include conf/svs/svs.conf

[ General ]
Map = smallmap.lvl
; LevelFiles = b1.lvz, b2.lvz

[ Misc ]
SeeEnergy = $SEE_ALL
SpecSeeEnergy = $SEE_ALL

i would assume the specseeenergy = $SEE_ALL, allows me to see the current health level of the bot, because as it fires the energy level drops. but when i shoot it nothing happens.

so it appears to be somewhat working...but as far as taking damage from my weapons.. no go
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All I can say is it worked for me, I tested using the damage.dll that's included in the zip (I'm saying this just incase you are using damage.so from a previous upload of mine).

Edit: Looking at game.c there could be a case where your weapons are being ignored due to lag. You could try loading the damage module before the game module (put it before game in modules.conf). Or even simpler comment out the lagaction module.
Dark Seed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How odd. I load damage:damage, but when I try to load damage:bot1, it just says "loading module damage:bot1 failed" I have all of the pthread requirements. Some help, please?
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

some of the modules you use are a different version from the one damage was compiled with... recompile damage... oh wait...

you could figure out which one it is by recompiling the module manager to be more verbose as to what interfaces are attempted to be loaded by each module.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Make sure you're using asss 1.4.3 and haven't commented out some modules in modules.conf (such as fake). If you have any programming experience you can try recompiling bot1d.c into a separate dll.
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd like to use this module but I'm using AS3 1.4.4. Is there any way I can get the full source/get an updated version?
-me
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I HIGHLY doubt he will give out the src, this is one of the few modules he wont give the src out to. As far as updates, smong doesnt play/work on ss anymore, so thats pretty much out too. Well, unless you can somehow reach him....someway, and try to convince him lol
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Legatus wrote:
I'd like to use this module but I'm using AS3 1.4.4. Is there any way I can get the full source/get an updated version?
-me

Damage has been recompiled for ASSS 1.4.4, source for bot1 is available

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?p=80104#80104
Legatus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Bot1d bug info and request Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have been working with ASSS bots for a zone I'm working on.

Currently I have the following weird bugs/issues with the bot:

1. Bots always explode the instant before my weapon actually hits it, resulting in bot death but no weapon explosion on my screen. Said weapon continues moving along its path. This may only be an issue because I am running this and testing it both off my laptop with 0ms lag, where it would otherwise be seen normally. Need verification on that.
2. When the bot respawns, for some reason it is invisible. I can tell where it is because it is constantly firing but that is the only indication. It still functions otherwise normally.
3. Bot fires without losing energy. Not sure if this is intentional, but it is rather weird.

I am noting these only as requested at the top of the thread.

The reason I'm here is to beg for dual bullets support =( It's not something we can fix ourselves and is a basic part of continuum. The bot module isn't really complete without this feature.
-me
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Do you mean damage doesn't/incorrectly track dual bullets?
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've no problem with any of the above mentioned problems. It sounds almost as if you compiled either an older version of the bot with a newer version of damage, or the other way around, since none of those issues should occur.

I've posted my dll (the one Smong pre-compiled for 1.4.4), give it a try and let me know if it works and if it makes a difference. (damage:damage, damage:bot1)

damage.rar - 14.68 KB
File downloaded or viewed 46 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

couldnt double barreled bullets just be checked by getting the firing ships radius from the cfg, then by simply tracking 2 seperate bullets, then eliminating both when either hits something...?

i suppose multifire could be tracked the exact same way...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will try recompiling stuff with different versions tomorrow to see if I can remove any of the bugs.

ack to the original problem though, Smong's initial post indicates that dual bullets are tracked as single bullets on this module. Does anyone know smong? He's the only one who can fix this, and I really need it to be useable for me.

The issue is, I'm going to be using some very extreme ship size differences, some are only 14- pixels wide and others are over 100+ pixels. When you have a very large ship dual firing bullets at a bot that is only 14 pixels wide, you have HUGE miscalculation problems.

Unfortunately, there is no way around this problem for me as it is part of the zone concept. The only way to get this all to work together is to have dual firing bullets tracked correctly. Keep in mind that dual firing bullets also have multifire toggle, so it's not just a matter of duplication.
-me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 650 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.436899 seconds : 50 queries executed (90.3%): GZIP compression disabled