Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Ammo module

View previous topic  Plugin to ASSS Post :: Post bot with damage (woo)  View next topic  
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Ammo module Reply to topic Reply with quote

Would it be possible to make a module that makes variables for ammunition, each time a person shoots, it goes down. each ship would have different amounts. there would also be a way to buy ammo. If so, that's sweet. I can probably attempt pretty well at it, so i'll try. just seeing if maybe someone already made one or can make it in 1 minute lol.

Edit: What module includes the the "shoot" function, or the coding that recgonizes a player shooting a bullet.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Um, yeah, Bak made one for his PB zone. I don't know if he's willing to distribute it, though. I don't think it would be incredibly easy to do it, though(I mean, there's no CB_GUNFIRE, I'd be clueless on how to actually track that, maybe it involves packets?), but if you think you can do it, then you might want to try it. I suggest checking with Bak just in case he doesn't mind handing it out, though. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bak is big on open source, i dont think he would mind giving you the module...or maybe when it comes to his zone hes anti-open source..dunno, give it a shot and ask em.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

here's all the (custom) modules for paintall: http://rshl.org/bak/Custom_Code.zip

don't bug me too much about how it works, it'll probably need to be modified for what you need. the PBInventory module does the part that you're thinking of, but it also does some other things. Basicly you can listen to position packets from players (which may contain weapons chunks), if they do subtract one from their ammo, deprize guns if they're out. PBItems lets people pick up ammo of the map and reprizes guns if necessary.

again, you'll probably need a coder to make sense of it all.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I do code c, but i suck. it will make sense to me, but i won't be able to edit much of it. ty very much. you made my long and difficult day of running come to a soothing end :0 icon_smile.gif. lol ty again.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
corvey
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am very interested in this too, as it is one of the milestones I want to achieve. Bak, the link you gave is not working, do you have another link to download this from?
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It works for me, i just checked.
corvey
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Link says server not found for me, and if I just try to save the file in this thread, it's corrupt.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

rshl.org renews it's web hosting on april 1st... so it's usually down for a day or two around now... try again it should work.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd like to get this module but the link is probably too old. Is it still available?
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://ews.uiuc.edu/~sbak2/paintball.zip

look in src/Custom Code for the paintball modules
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry, but that link doesn't work either. Should I check back at a different time and see if the server is online?
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

seems to work for me. try again
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The connection with the server gets reset for some reason.
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Got it finally, thx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 662 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.520594 seconds : 40 queries executed (81.5%): GZIP compression disabled