Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Damage and bot1d

View previous topic  LinkedLists with Python Post :: Post Error compiling on Darwin/Mac OS X  View next topic  
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Damage and bot1d Reply to topic Reply with quote

I downloaded smong's damage-bot which comes with the damage module in one .dll file. However, I cannot get the module to load.
The log says it could not find damage:damage, which puzzles me because that is exactly what the text file it came with says to add.

I'm actually a little unclear as to where the name of the module in the .dll file comes from to begin with. Is it the name of the original .c file?

In any case, for some reason the damage module will not load. I have tried compiling it myself and even skipping the damage:damage module to see if I can load the damage:bot1d module (despite knowing it will not work), any info on what's going on here?
-me
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oops, I am aware it's bot1 and not bot1d and did try to load
damage:bot1

but yeah, it doesn't load.
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

damage:damage should be right. Are you sure the .dll is in the bin folder?

The name comes from the EXPORT macro in the modules sources. Most of the time, it is named the same as the .c file. But one .c file could contain multiple or even none.

Look for something like this:
Code: Show/Hide

EXPORT int MM_mymodule (int action, Imodman *mm_, Arena *arena)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I might have found the problem: the module was designed for ASSS 1.4.3.
I don't see why it wouldn't load, but it's possible.
I am trying to get a module that makes a bot that can shoot and take damage and die for 1.4.4. The one I downloaded (smong's) was designed for 1.4.3. Is there a newer version somewhere?
-me
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Check this post:
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?p=74375#74375
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've seen that thread, the problem is that package only has the damage module and not the bot1 module. (I think)
-me
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

unlike damage, the sources for bot1 are available. So you can recompile it for ASSS 1.4.4:

http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/asss-bot1-v1.8d.zip
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Legatus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Perfect! Thanks for the help =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 656 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.466695 seconds : 33 queries executed (94.9%): GZIP compression disabled