Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
dynamic runtime LVZ options

View previous topic  LVZ issue Post :: Post Hey, would somebody be willing to make...  View next topic  
CaptainPoopface

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: dynamic runtime LVZ options Reply to topic Reply with quote

When considering a single sound or graphic event, is there a way to choose dynamically among multiple sounds and graphics? For example, say I have three different ship explosion animations, and whenever a ship explodes, I want the server/module to randomly show one of those three animations. Or when someone fires a bomb, I want to hear 1 of 3 slightly different firing sounds. How nitty-gritty do I need to get? I suspect I would have to black out the default explosions and have a module to detect these events, and do some objon stuff (I'm still new to lvz). I don't know if this would work with sounds though, or if the coordinates of these events are available, i.e., can a module find the coords where a player dies and put the lvz object there?

Another question: let's say I put an animation on the screen when a player dies. Can I customize that animation based on ship type? Based on the killed player's name? Based on the killing player's name? And can I do these same things with sound?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You'd need to do that with mapobjects.

Or screenobjects if you don't mind if only the person who dies see it. In this case, you'd only need to set them in the middle of the screen.

Otherwise, the module would need to move the map object to fit with the player's position when he dies. There is a packet to move a mapobject, not sure how to use it though.
Doing the same for bombs would be impossible, because prox bomb explosions (and any weapon hit) are handled by the client and do not trigger any event. That is why sometimes you'll see someone 'eat'. The weapon did not hit them on their screen, even if it did on yours.

As for the sounds... I guess you could put in some custom bong sounds and have the bot play them with %###. For example, if you have a file named bong123.wav, anyone who types %123 in a message will hear the sound.
Would be quite easy to make only one player hear the sound, but pretty hard if you want the people around the explosion to hear it too, and to not make it ugly you'd need to make several versions of the sound with different volume levels, depending on the distance of the explosion...

As for all the other customization issues, the only way to do that would be to not use the LVZ's display type like 'PlayerDeath', but to handle everything via a module or bot plugin.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yes you can, i think theres a custom module that does that.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can easily detect bomb fires, but not hits.

Also: https://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=7506
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 430 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.574510 seconds : 29 queries executed (78.4%): GZIP compression disabled