Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
LVZ Format limits

View previous topic  shipset problem Post :: Post LVZ issue  View next topic  
Hawkaloogie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: LVZ Format limits Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm building an LVZ library in Perl, and I'm coming across some things I don't understand:

An object definition (map/screen) has an 8-bit field for Image ID. This corresponds to an image definition later in the file (the ID is the index of the image definition, I think).

It seems there are allowed to be 2 ^ 32 image definitions, but you can only reference 2 ^ 8 of them? Is there a way to get those other 2 ^ 24 image definitions (perhaps after the client has joined the arena)?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

First of all, 2^24 + 2^8 is not equal to 2^32 tongue.gif

Quote:
u32 Image Count How many image (imageobject) definitions are in this Object Section.
This is only to have that section fit in blocks of 4 bytes. If that value was 8bits, that header would be 9 bytes long, which is not very standard, as far as I know. Plus, the fact that this value is less limited doesn't mean much... The 2^8 limit is indeed defined later:
Quote:
u8 Image Number Which of the Image Definitions this object will use for its graphic.

And there's not much you can do about it.

On top of that, the 256 images limit is global for the arena... Meaning you can only have 256 images TOTAL in an arena, in all of your LVZs. I think Continuum uses 8bits of data in the packets that define objon's and objoff's.
Hawkaloogie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hells fuck and damn.

Also, thanks.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 428 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.514513 seconds : 28 queries executed (85.6%): GZIP compression disabled