Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
AI Bot?

View previous topic  Making a bot Post :: Post AI bot (possibly new version)  View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: AI Bot? Reply to topic Reply with quote

where can i find a artificial intelligence bot that fights as a player?

ive looked through many places, and a few links that ive found are ending up invalid.

any ideas?

for the best part, you could post your own here icon_smile.gif

or give a link...

tysm - anonymous player from a ASSS Zone
CaptainPoopface

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Search this forum for autoturret, drone.c, hs_pointdefense, and the damage module binaries.

Autoturret is already included in ASSS 1.4.4, I think. Type ?dropturret in an arena and see if something happens.

To sum things up for you, if I can (I'm new too), no one has really gotten fully functional fighting bots to work. The main problems are detecting damage to the bot, and making it fly around, whereas people seem to have the aiming pretty well in hand.

In some thread I recently ran across, someone said that the people who could actually get AI to work all have better things to do...

I'd really like to see it finished though.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

smong has a fully functional one. also, didn't someone make a new ss clone client, and all it had was you vs ai?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CaptainPoopface wrote:
Search this forum for autoturret, drone.c, hs_pointdefense, and the damage module binaries.

Autoturret is already included in ASSS 1.4.4, I think. Type ?dropturret in an arena and see if something happens.

To sum things up for you, if I can (I'm new too), no one has really gotten fully functional fighting bots to work. The main problems are detecting damage to the bot, and making it fly around, whereas people seem to have the aiming pretty well in hand.

In some thread I recently ran across, someone said that the people who could actually get AI to work all have better things to do...

I'd really like to see it finished though.
You're talking about turrets for ASSS

There is an AI bot by Bjorn available
http://www.dsbleague.com/aibot.html

If you make a search for 'bjorn' on this forum you'll find a lot of threads about how to set it up and common problems. (Searching for 'ai bot' doesn't work well)
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
There is an AI bot by Bjorn available
This is the best one out there.

But it's a shame that Bjorn's bot is horrifyingly inefficient and memory demanding.

I couldn't even run 64 of Bjorn's bots on my machine (Q9450 Quadcore Yorkfield w/ 12MB Cache @ 3.2GHz + 4GB DDR2-1000 [8000]).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not to mention that 64 bots makes for a nice packet flooding icon_surprised.gif
CaptainPoopface

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, the bots in Bjorn's PSubspace are very good. All that would be needed is some better pathfinding.

From what I gather from his various posts and releases, he never released the source. Is that right? I guess that means I get to start over, but at least I know it's possible.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the dsbleague.com/aibot.html

is a invalid site it says
Samapico

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

true that... it probably moved...hmmm
Samapico

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://aibot.ss-network.net/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 438 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.582048 seconds : 35 queries executed (83.8%): GZIP compression disabled