Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
TWCore: Security Packet not returned?

View previous topic  second bot from dll Post :: Post TWCORE Info  View next topic  
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: TWCore: Security Packet not returned? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi, I followed the guide at TWCore.org on getting and compiling the TWCore bot, and it runs.

But after about 30 seconds, it complains that a security packet has not been returned and the bot gets kicked off. I also get a red message confirming this in my zone.

Is there anyway to stop that? I am using ASSS by the way.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, make sure your bots are authorised as sysops in your zone. As soon as they are sysops, the bots aren't required to return a security checksum anymore which TWCore currently is incapable of doing so.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

how did catid bust the vie checksums?
and why are we incapable of doing this for .40?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's just a checksum that needs to be calculated, Cheese. TWCore just hasn't got it implemented (yet). I'm sure it can be done soon if someone gets to it, all you need to do is look into Mervbot's source.

However, this isn't the holy grail to connecting as a Continuum client: Continuum uses an encryption over the subspace protocol. The bots use the subspace protocol without this encryption (hence why you need to allow VIE clients to connect to your server by putting bot names on vip.txt or sysop.txt).

The Continuum encryption has already been cracked by Snrrrub but he hasn't given it out (he does provides a service so a bot can use the Continuum encryption though). More info on his website.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

and he wont allow this to be placed into the twcore source for the betterment of the community why?
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Added bot to staff.conf as sysop, but it is still logging off icon_confused.gif
Code: Show/Hide
+-------------------------+
|     TWCore Startup      |
+-------------------------+

=== SQL Initialization ===
29 Sep 2008 20:18:49   SQL Connection Pools initialized successfully.
29 Sep 2008 20:18:49   SQL Background Queues initialized.

=== Starting Hub ...   ===
29 Sep 2008 20:18:49   Attempting to connect to server at ss://75.101.147.52:701
Looking through C:\Documents and Settings\Gannon8\My Documents\Continuum\twcore-
dir\twcore\bin for bots.  79 child directories.

=== Loading bots ...   ===
29 Sep 2008 20:18:57   Bot-Superhub (HubBot) is logging in ...
29 Sep 2008 20:18:57   Received unknown packet 0x144
29 Sep 2008 20:18:57   Bot-Superhub (HubBot) logged in: 821 ms.
29 Sep 2008 20:18:57   Initializing operators.cfg ...
29 Sep 2008 20:18:57   Done initializing operators from operators.cfg
29 Sep 2008 20:19:29   Bot-Superhub (HubBot) is disconnecting: received bi-direc
tional packet 0x07 from server (ordered to DC)
Press any key to continue . . .

(SQL does not connect, ignore that)
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
and he wont allow this to be placed into the twcore source for the betterment of the community why?

I don't think we even want that. It would make it possible for TWCore to connect to any zone as a Continuum client and do things a normal client can't do.

Initrd.gz wrote:
Added bot to staff.conf as sysop, but it is still logging off icon_confused.gif
Make sure you have the correct sysop password set on setup.cfg and use the equivalent ass command of *listmoderator to check if it's successfully logged into as system operator.

If this doesn't work then I can't help you any further since TWCore might not support Asss in the first place.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

?listmod after it logs in. Is it in there?

If it is logging in properly, then what's the exact log message it gives you? There's probably some permission it needs that sysops don't have by default.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Make sure the bot has the permissions "bypasssecurity" and "unlimitedchat"

You probably want to place these in groupdef.dir/sysop if it doesn't contain them already
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I added bypasssecurity and unlimitedchat, but it is not working.
The hub bot also appears in ?listmod

Would it be the fact that I am running the bot while connecting to the server on continuum be the answer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 644 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.450836 seconds : 35 queries executed (91.1%): GZIP compression disabled