Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
I need this Image to be the ball...

View previous topic  Sub-Arena Post :: Post Edit bounce  View next topic  
Need help

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: I need this Image to be the ball... Reply to topic Reply with quote

It is 24x24 squares but I'm having problem when I add to the zone, the program cuts it wrong... If you can help plz do so. Thank you.

powerb.bmp - 40.37 KB
File downloaded or viewed 215 time(s)
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The powerball graphics file must be 10 images horizontally and 3 images vertically.
Lumenesc
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also make sure all of your frames are equal size, eachframe must be equal size and each gfx in the frame needs to be centered properly so when it goes from one frame to the next the picture doesnt jump around.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

YES I AM THE LORD OF PHOTOSHOP

BEHOLD MY ADDITION OF A ROW!

powerb.bmp - 10.19 KB
File downloaded or viewed 167 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Um, that has 12 x frames does it not? (Should be 10 as stated very clearly above).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yes, well, column subtraction is more difficult - I can only add rows $$$$$
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Lumenesc
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

rofl
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Akai is pixel challenged. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm also trying to get a powerball graphic to work.. Ive got a plugin for ps that rotates it for me.. after a little work, its 10 wide an 3 tall. But for some reason, even after I make the lvz and load it to the server, my powerball still shows the boring orange ball.. I have other lvz's for powerballs that I looked at ahead of time before asking, and those work.. What am I doing wrong?

And I used both lvz makers.. The BuildLevel and the LVZToolkit.. Files are about the same..
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

make sure your file has the correct name

maybe paste your .ini file here

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

; This file was created by DeBuildLevel, version 0.02, created May 15 2003 19:07:30

Outfile=btest1.lvz

File=balltestr1a.bmp
; Compression Info: FullSize: 9372 Compressed Size: 3845 Compression Percent: 59.0%
; Bytes Saved in Compression: 5,527
; File Compression Percent: 59.0%
[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And Ive tried using the gfx from the other powerballs files after opening them and just changed names... so I think its something Im not doing.. Probably something real easy..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I need to register so I can just edit my posts to add things... sa_tongue.gif

This is an enlarged pic of the bmp file..

Now I know its gonna glitch a little... This is just a test to get it to work..
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, don't change the names. Use the name of the powerball graphic in the continuum graphics directory.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you, that helped a lot... I still need to figure out how to get the lvz done right so I dont have to replace my default gfx.. but for now.. it works great.. icon_surprised.gif
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You don't need to replace the file in your directory, just make sure that your new ball image has the same name as the file in Continuum's directory when you build the lvz:

something.lvz wrote:
OutFile=something.lvz

File=powerb.bmp

So essentially, rename balltestr1a.bmp to powerb.bmp
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol, yeah I knew I didnt have to change the one in the folder...
tho it was hilarious there for a bit... hahaha
Thx for the info..

Ill see if it works..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does that work with all the objects? and also, Its only picking up the first three parts of the rotation then restarting.. Do I need some sort of timer in there? Ive seen some of the others done with a timer but those were just objects like lights that were in one place only..
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Does that work with all the objects? and also, Its only picking up the first three parts of the rotation then restarting.. Do I need some sort of timer in there? Ive seen some of the others done with a timer but those were just objects like lights that were in one place only..
For the powerball animation, each of the three rows is a completely different animation. The first row is the normal 'alive' ball animation. The second row is how the ball appears just after someone throws it, or when it's lagging. The last row is the trail of the ball.
Open up the default powerb.bm2 file in your graphics folder, you'll probably recognize those.

And yes, you can do this with just about any sound or graphic files. For example, if you put a file named bg01.bmp in a LVZ file, that graphic will replace the default one where it appears in the background.

However, you cannot change the animation sequence for these objects. Unanimated objects cannot be animated, and if the animation is, for example, 10 frames wide and 4 frames high in the default graphic, that's also how it will be shown for a replacement graphic.

You can even change most of the colors in the interface with colors.bm2 and gradient.bm2; however, this is a bit more complex, and there are other topics around here about these 2 files.

I mentioned something about sounds; if you include a WAV file (no mp3) in a LVZ, you can also replace default sounds in your arena.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
RutRow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome... Thank you very much...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 658 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.527568 seconds : 48 queries executed (93.1%): GZIP compression disabled