Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Zone Host: SSCW

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  DarkStar - Host Required Post :: Post Major Non-SSC Biller  View next topic  
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Zone Host: SSCW This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

SSCW is the SSCT server renamed.

Confess has ceased managing the server himself and has asked me to manage the server for him. I am accepting zones to be hosted for dev and/or completed hosting. SSC access is available for zones that meet the qualifications. I am currently only hosting Subgame zones while we are still working out our python issues. After they have been fixed, I will be hosting ASSS zones as well. If there are any questions or concerns, or you would like to be hosted, please either post, PM, or contact me in game. I will also be working together with Snrrrub, who is also hosting dev/completed asss zones. So post here if you are interested in that as well, either he will read, or I can forward the messages to him.

Also, SSCS Home has been scrapped.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Souldew
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: ok im lost This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

let me get this right lets say i have a zone called DARK SOUL u would run it for me -right and if so what type of connection capablitys do u have like dial up high speed what ???????????? and how good is it going to be would it crash 24/7
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Yes, I would run it for you.

The connection is a dedicated server, high speed. You wont have to worry about it going down. You can ask the people that I do host currently, if there is ever a problem, its resolved within 12 hours. I also provide the old SST biller until/if you get an SSC slot. The server's IP is through the SSC's firewall, so you can be connected if you do get the slot. Let me know if you have anymore questions or need to be hosted via PM or email (Chambahs187@yahoo.com)
Souldew
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: ????? This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

im new to this so go eazy on me so could i still edit my settings right :>
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

What exactly ARE the qualifications to have a SSC zone...?
I don't believe I've ever seen them...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Chambahs has been removed as the SSCW/SSW Operator. Sorry to any inconvience this may have.

Zone owners, contact me and I'll see what I can do for you.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Hmm, I guess confess didnt like me switching the biller. Oh well, try to help centralize something, and it all goes down.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

You moving billers wasnt the only reason - it was due to your lack of maturity. I dont see you as the type of person that could effectively represent an SSC Host, it was a poor decision for me to make to add you as the op. Not because you're a bad person, by no means - but because you have no experience. On top of that - after being told not to do something, you went around my back thinking that I wouldnt notice - which is foolish, as you posted the fact that you were moving billers on this very board, where I am a mod...

One thing that also pissed me off, was what you stated to me randomly...In which, you called Mikethenose, The BANG COORDINATOR, stupid for giving you Lvl 2 in 17th Parallel, and that you could BAN the sysops... This shows a serious lack of maturity.

Regards,
Confess+
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

As far as the lvl2 and banning the sysops in 17th goes, I think sama can agree it was a joke. Since we went back and forth with it for a while.

No experience? You got me there, I was never a zone host before, but I dont think there is anyone that didnt know that.

Going behind your back? By posting on multiple forums about SSW going to SSA biller? Its called doing it in front of your face.

I did what I thought was right, merging non-ssc billers into one. As well as alot of people supported the idea. Its not my fault you want control over everything. Why didnt you want me going on SSA biller? Because you had no power on it. Get off your white horse. Last time I remember you told me specifically: "I want nothing to do with the server, its all yours to run." Did you not?

Good job making yourself look worse.

Edit: Also, last time I checked, I was doing a swell job of hosting zones, any objections?
Aceflyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Confess wrote:
One thing that also pissed me off, was what you stated to me randomly...In which, you called Mikethenose, The BANG COORDINATOR, stupid for giving you Lvl 2 in 17th Parallel, and that you could BAN the sysops... This shows a serious lack of maturity.

Regards,
Confess+

While I don't mean to take sides in this or anything, if he merely called someone else stupid while he was in a private conversation with you, that doesn't seem that big of a deal in my humble opinion. (Keyword there being "private conversation." If he went around publicly attacking MTN over this, though, that'd be different, of course.)

In any case, there is no reason why MTN should be called stupid for his decision. He owns 17th Parallel and can do as he pleases in it.

Oh, and Chamb wouldn't have been able to ban 17th's sysop anyway, since Samapico also has L2 BanG in 17th.
SSC Forum Operator
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I should be a psychic. I'd make a lot of money. icon_smile.gif
Kingsize
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Purge wrote:
I should be a psychic. I'd make a lot of money. icon_smile.gif

True, you should challenge Dr. Phil. biggrin.gif Hehz...

SSNE Central Owner
www.ssnecentral.net
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

In my opinion, I think that despite the reasons that Confess+ gave, that even the course of action Confess+ took might have been wrong. From my point of view, Chambahs is only trying to help the community just like Aceflyer. Since the whole biller thing was your idea, Confess+, you're only doing yourself wrong by using a reason that is essentially based off your idea against him -- which is also against yourself if you haven't realized. It looks more like you came up with an idea and then you slap yourself simply because someone decided to employ that idea.

Would you rather prefer that nobody employ this idea and that nothing productive be done in the first place?

I wouldn't.

Although Chambahs may have made some mistakes, I personally think you should have spoken to him about those problems at a semi/personal level. I would much rather someone/my superior come speak to me about my problems than to fire me off-hand.

But even then, you aren't a very active member in this community. Why do you even bother to take this course of action? What are you going to do -- take over Chambah's position and participate actively in the game now?

Compared to a few months ago if not last year, it isn't as hard to get SSC access now as it was then. Standards have dropped because due to the population decline in the game and community (there is no point to upkeep such high standards -- they would just help to kill the game rather than help it).

Anyway, just my two cents.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Negative, ghostrider. As I said, it was a bad mistake putting him in charge of a server which I host my business stuff off of. Let me give an example, After less then 1 week of him having access to the server - he managed to uninstall 1/2 of the installed programs due to his premature actions after being told to wait, this literally crippled my new site which I was launching - making it's "Grand opening", a failure. He costed me hundreds of dollars and hours of time. However, I still kept him on the server to try and find a shadow of doubt. When he decided to jump the gun again, and go behind my back with the biller - what was I supposed to do? Let it slip? I think not. When removed - did he make any attempts to fix the problem? No, instead he decided to make posts at the attempt to bash me - and make comments such as "Well I didnt even care about SSW anyways"....He has no remorse - which affirms that my decision was indeed the correct one. He's a 17 year old kid, and acts like it too.

Regards,
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

First off, im not 17. Thanks.

Second off you told me to install a different version of python without uninstalling with the proper commands, I told you the server wasnt allowing so, so you told me to uninstall the current and replace it with a new. As I did. You ALSO told me, that the only thing I messed up was the emailing for your business side. And you fixed the issue in like an hour? Then, I admitted to you that I wasnt too too familiar with linux, you said "me either, i hate linux, thats why im having you run it" or something along those lines. So please dont blame me for petty shit.

And please point out where I "bashed" you in my starting of a new thread, letting everyone know SSW is down?

For the 5th time, I didnt go "behind your back" im not lame. I made it right there in the open for everyone to see, I posted on all major forums that I know you read daily. How is that going behind your back? Please explain. Not listening to you...yes, going behind your back...no.

And what do you want me to do as far as "fixing things"? Wanna talk about it and discuss...what exactly? What are you gonna say? "Ill give you another chance, just take off SSA biller and keep using SST one, and make sure you always listen to everything i say"? Theres nothing that needs to be discussed or "fixed". What you did was lame, selfish, egotistical, and down right negative.

You dont give a shit about the community, you only care for yourself. Why is it that you brought this idea up, and didnt act on it, then when someone else does, you disagree and dont support it? Because you are an "Elite-ist". If things dont have your name on it, you dont want it. "USE SST BILLER". Why? Because it has your name on it? "DONT UNIFY BILLERS". Why? Because now im the one that actually put it into effect?

Do me a favor, go back into retirement, we are much better off without you. Both in game and in real life.
hellzlaker
Registered Cap Buster
Popping men in the ass since Oct 2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I still don't get why you all write this on a forum, to me its like your using a delayed chat system, and want every one to read :\

Anyway unifying billers is a good thing, because non SSC zones (most of them) are dead and shitty, shnrrub's biller is great, has same features as SSC biller and is updated frequently, also now chat to people in other zones on his biller so pretty much its like a second SSC
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Cham, a post like that won't get you anywhere.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Its not meant to, its to explain myself. And to point out confess' contradictions.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Well, Chambahs is stuck in his attitude. Gl to whomever lets him leech of their server, as for this thread - its now locked. Perhaps when we can discuss things in a non-hostile way, it will be re-opened.

Regards,
Confess
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 691 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.457807 seconds : 44 queries executed (91.4%): GZIP compression disabled