Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
help with ship settings and zone settings

View previous topic  victoryl.wa2 length Post :: Post question about safe zone  View next topic  
Souldew
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: help with ship settings and zone settings Reply to topic Reply with quote

i need help with ship settings were do i get a program to edit it and how do i upload them to my map im useing a map editor called ssme81a -thank you if u replie -i dont know how to spell:>
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

right-click the .cfg file, open with... notepad

you can edit your arena settings ingame with Esc - C

To use with your map, you need the file to be the same name as the arena.

For example, if your map is called mymap.lvl, your settings will need to be mymap.cfg

And really, you should read the tutorials and how/to around here.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yes always search before posting. you have to enter a subforum though inorder to search (such as Misc User Apps and Non-Subspace Programming).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
yes always search before posting. you have to enter a subforum though inorder to search (such as Misc User Apps and Non-Subspace Programming).

There is a nice Search link in the header of every page.
Souldew
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: :< Reply to topic Reply with quote

well god forbid u get off ur ass and help some one in need i guess i will pray to god from now on to help me since only one of you was able too maybe if you dont want to help people u should quit this forum but thanks its going to help
Samapico

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We'd really like to help... but you're too impatient. You seem to think setting a zone up and having bots in there can be learned in a few days by listening to people answering your vague questions.

And posts with 0 capital letters and 0 punctuation marks are damn hard to read; that does not help at all.

You should do one thing at a time... First learn how maps work, get used to map editors... Then get used to the settings... Then learn how sub-arenas work... And then maybe try some stuff with bots.

There are TONS of posts related to each of these subject in this forum.

This link:
http://www.minegoboom.com/server/faq/index.html
is a FAQ that should answer a lot of your questions. I STRONGLY recommend you read it ALL, even if you did not ask yourself these questions yet. They will give you the basic general knowledge you need to think about starting a server.

Then, if you have questions, try the search, I am convinced there are a lot of topics about your question; you just have to be more accurate than 'I want settings' or 'I want bots'
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Souldew
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: okay u pushed it Reply to topic Reply with quote

Now look here i did not demand that i want a bot nor did i demand i want settings. Iv trying this myself and doing okay when i hit a problem i contact this forum. Im not asking a lot. All im askinig is hey i dont understand this explain please and u get all butt hurt cause ohh my god she asked a question i anwsered a week ago. You people are not famous. Your just people and as people u should help other people. This is why i dont like your zones cause you people think your great. Thats why im making one of my own so i can say hey look i did one and im not great therefor neither are you. Now what your in your twintys and im still in my teens okay therefore the sake of humanity GET A LIFE. Im so sick of all this bullshit just anwser the question. If you can. Now iv been working on this project for a month and no one wants to help. You all every one of you had help okay. Therefore each of you have no right to bitch or wine okay all you zones suck. Cause you cant be friendly so you people need to grow up. - a Really pisst off Texan - you dam yankees
Samapico

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My first reply answered your question. If it did not, reformulate and/or make your question more precise.
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Note how she started to use punctuation.
Souldew
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Bol Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bite me
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i dont think idiots are part of kozys diet :<
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

With the exception of a few people on this forum, we all dont have zones. And please:

Twenties*
Whine*
Damn*
Pissed*
I've*
Your*

And, you say you arent asking for a lot, but you pretty much asked how to make every single thing so far.

You asked about settings, bots (about 5 times), maps, port forwarding, directory listing, billing, and a couple other things.

Then you call everyone "Geeks, fags, yankees (everyone doesnt even live in the US, let alone the north itself), bastards, dicks, (and my favorite) ASSHOKLEAS"

Everyone has posted tutorials for you to read, as well as telling you that a bunch of people have asked the same questions as you, and you can Search for answers here:

http://forums.minegoboom.com/search.php

Just type in "Lvz" or "Ship settings" or anything that you want to know about, read the question, if it applies, then read the replies.

Would you help anyone that called you an asshole, or dick, or anything like that? Lose the attitude, we arent obligated to help you do anything. It is not our job, we dont get paid to do it, nor do we expect anything from it. Let me show you the difference:

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=8118 -- A nicely asked detailed question.

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=8129 -- Another detailed nicely asked question.

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=8163 -- Your post.

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=8139 -- Another post

See the difference? Both in the posting of question and responses.
Souldew
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: okay Reply to topic Reply with quote

well ill read your retarded stuff if u read
hakaku's post to see how to anwser a question nicely

:>)
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You'd stop being insulted if you did read (and understand) Chambahs' post. And as a bonus, you'd probably get more answers. But as he said, we already gave you plenty of answers, you just seem to skip them because you're "pisst off".

Chambahs took several minutes to write his post, I don't think his first intention is to piss you off or be an asshole; (most) people here have better things to do than bullshit other people over an internet forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 682 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.523907 seconds : 39 queries executed (94.0%): GZIP compression disabled