Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
My first VB program

View previous topic  A3 Custom Pokemon Post :: Post combine chars  View next topic  
hellzlaker
Registered Cap Buster
Popping men in the ass since Oct 2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: My first VB program Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got VB express so i made this biggrin.gif my own web browser, A3 Web Browser (has print refresh back forward and search functions biggrin.gif)

Web Browser

A3 Web Browser.rar - 8.25 KB
File downloaded or viewed 42 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

no source?
hellzlaker
Registered Cap Buster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dont know how VB projects work, do i have to send the whole folder where the project is, or just one file (like in c++, you need to send just the c++ file)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

there should be a text file somewhere
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
hellzlaker
Registered Cap Buster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i couldnt find the text file so im going to post the whole project folder and a creen shot biggrin.gif looks nice biggrin.gif

here is a screenshot

source

A3 Web Browser.rar - 105.94 KB
File downloaded or viewed 29 time(s)

screenshot

a3wb.PNG - 56.73 KB
File downloaded or viewed 271 time(s)
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the .vb files are text files
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i actually like that design alot. the only problem is the big buttons.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I made a calculator once in VB. It was my moment of inspiration before I lost it all and cursed any form of programming from that point on.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah programming is interesting. It's like 10% of people really get it and everything clicks, 50% sort of understand it and get by, and 40% never get the grasp of it.

It really drives introduction programming teachers mad as it's impossible to have classes where 40% of the people fail, so the coursework they lay out has next to no room for creative, real programming (and thus little room for mistakes). They tell you exactly what you're doing and how you're going to do it. This is awful as when you take on a problem on your own you don't have a step by step instruction manual on how to solve your problem and it can be very frustrating knowing a language reasonably well but not knowing how to make a program to do whatever you're trying to do.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've noticed that, Bak. Unfortunately, I'm in the 50%. But I usually end up with the highest grade in all my programming courses, so I guess I'm not doing too badly, but it is proof that the programming courses here just aren't that great. There's only one teacher I've had that was actually thorough at all. Luckily, he's the one teaching the AI class next semester. I've gotta get in that.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hellzlaker
Registered Cap Buster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
i actually like that design alot. the only problem is the big buttons.
well i posted the source so you can change them biggrin.gif Later on im going to add favorites and other things like that

also question 1ststrike are you that guy that made the GTA zone? or i just mest up names :\
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Negative. Though, I did have a zone once upon a time several years ago. I quit SS like..2 or 3 years ago.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's even worst in businesses where productivity matters. I've heard that the difference in productivity between the best and worst professional programmers at a company can be as high as a factor of 100. And there's no easy way to measure output since anyone can pump out thousands of lines of buggy code.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I once read something that said every program had at least one bug and could be shortened by at least one line. So by induction you can prove that every program can be shortened to one line of code, and the program won't work.

But yeah, I don't think, even with a CS degree, I'll be able to get a job programming. I've learned a lot over the past couple years, but I know several real programmers, and they're all way better than I think I'll ever be. I really have no idea what kind of job I'd want or I'll be able to get out of college, but I'm not too worried about it. I once read a statistic that said, "80% of people with college degrees and jobs, have jobs that are not within their degree". I think that was supposed to suggest that people change their minds or something, but it makes me happy because it means I've still got a pretty good chance of getting a job, just because I have a degree.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 732 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.510304 seconds : 41 queries executed (91.4%): GZIP compression disabled