Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Dev-C++ help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  rifftool Post :: Post sport tracker  View next topic  
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Dev-C++ help Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok im using Dev-C++, but i dont know anything about C++ or any type of program....I was wondering if someone could help me and or tell me the basics of C++, because if i know that then im all set i hope. So could any one tell me the basic or C++...i cant find a website that helps me out
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This looks promising:
http://www.codechamber.com/tutorials/beginningcpp/beginningcpp2.php

It shows some good examples of input/output streams. The best way to learn is to mess with it and see what it does.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
baseball43v3r
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.google.com/search?q=c%2B%2B+tutorials&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

really can't find a website that will give you a c++ tutorial? hmm well....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok i have
Code: Show/Hide
#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{

cout << "Hello, Matey!\n";
system("PAUSE");
return 0;
}

But when i try to run it gives me a warning saying "source file not compiled", and i dont know how to compile it.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You need a good compiler. The best free one I can think of is Dev-C++.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol i have Dev-C++, the code there is the code i have in my Dev-C++

Screenshot:
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Err, you should remove the tabs before the #include statements, I doubt the other tabs are a problem there.

If the problem persists, start over again from scratch. By that I mean uninstall and install Dev-C++ again. Create a new project, test the default Hello World project. See if it works, then start messing with your own code.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I recommend using Code::Blocks.
IMO it's so much better than Dev-C++.

Dev-C++ is so old, and it's code indention freaks me out everytime.

http://www.codeblocks.org/
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?board=20.0
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've had pretty bad experiences with Code::Blocks myself.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
I've had pretty bad experiences with Code::Blocks myself.

Did you use a recent nightly?
I like it and use it alot actually.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Aj, once you reninstall dev-c++, go to the menudropdown named "help" and there should be a menuitem called tutorial, or something like that. it explains it quite well, and that's how i learned at first.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

To compile in Devcpp click the menu titled "Execute", then click compile. You will also see icons next to each menu option, these icons also exist on the toolbar so next time you don't have to go to the drop down menu.

Also I agree Devcpp indenting sucks. Seems ok until you paste something onto a blank line, at that point it uses spaces instead of tabs. Also pasting large amounts of code has a refresh problem, I usually minimise then maximise the window to fix it.
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong what do you use?
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He probably uses gcc and make. icon_biggrin.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BDwinsAlt wrote:
He probably uses gcc and make. icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, to edit his code...

Emacs ftw!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nah, he uses SciTE, or at least he used to, because he's the one that introduced me to it. It owns, by the way. I'll never use another text editor again. :d
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I use vi for my editing... :-/
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

gedit... I don't like loading eclipse. It uses more resources. sa_tongue.gif

Edit: <3 Scite!
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

AJ wrote:
Smong what do you use?

In windows I use Devcpp for C since it manages the build process for you and has a graphical debugger (frontend for gdb). I use Scite for everything else though.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hmmmm man c++ is hard....
BugZap

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I run HomeSite along side Devcpp and just pasting the code back to dev. I feel inclined to promote Homesite since its the one piece of software that has never let me down, and cause i never pay for anything. so let this be my tribute to them.. HOMESITE RULES
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Code: Show/Hide

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout << "Hello, Matey!\n";
system("PAUSE");
return 0;
}

fixed.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

btw

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cheese, i do believe namespaces aren't in c#..am i wrong?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Actually, everything has to be in a namespace in C#...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 674 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.708012 seconds : 50 queries executed (84.5%): GZIP compression disabled