Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ship lvz

View previous topic  Tileset colors Post :: Post Lvz, tilesets, shipsets, graphics and ...  View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: ship lvz Reply to topic Reply with quote

alright well i have no idea how to set this up but this is what i have. I need help turning my ships into an lvz.

shipset.zip - 297.02 KB
File downloaded or viewed 72 time(s)
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

First of all, while viewing any folder from the explorer, go to the 'Tools' menu, Folder options... (Control panel -> Folder options... works too)
Display tab
Near the end of the list, there should be a checkbox that looks like 'Hide extensions of known file types'
Uncheck that box.

Then you'll notice that you doubled most of your files' extensions... for example, your ini file is actually called "shipset.ini.ini"
Once done, rename your files to:

Ship1.png
Ship2.png

You don't need the .bm2 extension, png's work fine too, and since your images are in png format, it wouldn't work if you called them Ship#.bm2 or Ship#.bmp

Then, just adjust the file= lines in your ini to match the real file names, and it should work fine

By the way, that 'hide file extensions' checkbox is very evil... It's the kind of thing that could make people get viruses easily... For example, you could have a file name FUNNYPICTURE.JPG.exe, but you wouldn't see the .exe, and it would have a picture icon... and you'd be doomed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh thanks man that worked perfect
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way, that 'hide file extensions' checkbox is very evil... It's the kind of thing that could make people get viruses easily... For example, you could have a file name FUNNYPICTURE.JPG.exe, but you wouldn't see the .exe, and it would have a picture icon... and you'd be doomed.

can you explain that more, i don't see how it'll give a virus.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As in the filename "funnypicture.jpg.exe" will show to you as "funnypicture.jpg", making you feel safe double-clicking it.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 768 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.484298 seconds : 32 queries executed (81.3%): GZIP compression disabled