Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Zone pinger

View previous topic  Continuum F1 Editor - v.1.2 (beta5) re... Post :: Post Communicating (SubGame <-> Biller)  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Zone pinger Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought I'd have a shot at implementing the client side of the extended ping protocol. I managed to get it to work with php. Anyway, you can see it at http://toktok.sscentral.com/zonepinger/ and if you click on an asss zone, provided there are people in there you can see which arenas are open.

I might release the source at some point, I'm not entirely happy with the page design yet.

It caches results for a few seconds so shouldn't start DOS'ing stuff. I don't intend to write a full blown zone list downloader in php, but I may make it read from a zone.dat (currently the zones are hardcoded in).

zonepinger.png - 3.08 KB
File downloaded or viewed 35 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nice! I always had this idea but never got around to start with it.

Is that part of the extended As3 protocol that the arena's and their population is returned on the pong ?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah the extended packet allows you to see total players and total playing either for the entire zone or per-arena (I'm showing both).

Any suggestions as to what else can be added to the protocol? I was thinking maybe the zone description and the jackpot.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I had done something like this on my local PC before for the Omega Fire website, but sscentral host (twsites?) blocked any outgoing tcp/udp packets from PHP.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Host it on another site and use an iframe. icon_biggrin.gif

This looks nice though. Nice work.
Ah I just tested it. Love it. Great work.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yea a zone description would definitely be nice.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can you show me a small example of how to get ping times? This looks hawt.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can either read the wiki version or ping.txt in asss's doc directory. Both are the same/similar file.
http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Ping_Protocol
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

When I try to do it on my own in php I get back a population instead. I'll look at the docs and wiki closely.

EDIT: LOL I just though about it. Just subtract the time when it was sent from when it was received.

This whole time I already had population though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 685 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.466343 seconds : 36 queries executed (78.2%): GZIP compression disabled