Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
league manager

View previous topic  Windows programming "commands&quo... Post :: Post Rotation in 3 dimensions  View next topic  
baseball4ever

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: league manager Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey all i know its been awhile since i've been at these boards but i was writing in the helps that you could help me. i was wondering if anyone could tell me what rshl is using on their websites for stats... i get that they are using mambo and all but i'm having trouble finding the component/module that is used with it. in case your wondering this is for a different game where i'm trying to start a tournament with the same kind of concept as with rshl (game in console and then stats would go to website). i've tried getting on the rshl boards but as is its been months and nobody has allowed me to come in and i've also been ingame and arnyk wont respond because he's to busy or whatnot. if i can't figure it out the only other solution i've found is kmleague.net but it doesn't quite fit my needs as it only has team stats and i was looking for a system that had indepth (or somewhat) player stats.
also i've tried LMO for mambo but no luck with that.
thanks in advance!
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I assume they wrote it themselves. That's what I did for Battleship in Trench Wars, as components for that sort of thing really aren't available pre-made

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
baseball4ever

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i was starting to come to that conclusion myself except i thought i saw hints on pages where they called mods and components. but if they wrote it themselves all the more power to them. i'm decent with php and mysql, but html i'm horrible at so formattng would not be good for me, so i'd write my own as a last resort but as this isnt a huge project i'd like to find something pre-made. i know i'm taking the noob way out, but i've just been way to lazy lately
baseball4ever

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey all i figured i'd try again as i'm still actively in the hunt for some sort of league administration program. i've done the google search on league administration web based softward on all the keywords i can think of and i've gone about 18 pages deep on some but to no avail. so i was wondering if anyone could impart knowledge on ANY league admin software that is web based and geared towards games. any help on this would be very appreciated!
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ironically i'm working on a teamtracking program right now, which tracks records, goals, pts, players, etc. . i'm not very far yet but thought i'd post.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
baseball4ever

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

well there are plenty of those out there for just tracking a single team, but what i'm looking for is more league based, and more importantly running a league, like being able to assign teams and assign matches and referees and what not. more specifically i'd like it to be geared towards gaming leagues but i am confident in my modification skills to be able to change it to games if its based on traditional sports.

ps. i'll remember to log in eventually
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here is my "Team Tracker" Version 1.0 . It supporsts:
*Team name, city, coach, assistant coach.
*Home Record, Away Record, And Home Record.

I realize there is a glitch inthe homewins/overall wins. For some reason it can turn out 1 too many overall wins for what homewins+awaywins equals. Any suggestions are great, especially design

Edit: also, only the toolbar buttons work, (save, open, new). Clicking on the player will give a window, but nothing is implemented yet.

Team Tracker Version 1.0.zip - 18.14 KB
File downloaded or viewed 34 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you didn't attach the source code icon_cry.gif
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes because this is a project mostly for my learning. Sorry. I'll be glad to except any help though.
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
Yes because this is a project mostly for my learning.

I'm missing the logical connection between that and posting source code.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just thought the intent of getting the source code was to help on the project, but i'll post the source i guess then if that's not the reason. I guess i'm Just saying i don't want some one doing it for me, i'd like to be teached. Source Code:

Edit: Btw, could someone help on making child forms in my mainform by using the source code. This you can actually do for me, because it's easier to learn that way. Thank You Once Again/like usual.

There is an error right now with the team points function. That is in mainform at the buttom. i'm about to go figure it out.

Team Tracker 5-24-07.zip - 112.04 KB
File downloaded or viewed 32 time(s)
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's always easier to have people do something for you, but it won't make you a good programmer. I recently had to make a small image-manipulation app as a test for a job I applied for. What would they have thought if I had said, "Oh, can you do it for me? Then I'll know how to do it."
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did you get the job?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan: No offense tooken, it's good supportive criticism. I have in fact googled many times, it's just that it comes up w/ MDI child windows, which isn't what i want. I've ran into many other problems too, which i have solved. btw, do you work as a programmer?
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They have told me that I got the job, but haven't told me when I start (for more than a week). I hope they weren't lying to me.

That should answer both of your questions.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here is my newer version of "teamtracker". it has a better design(in my opinion). Let me know what you think.

teamtracker (2).zip - 18.03 KB
File downloaded or viewed 31 time(s)
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

screenshots? yes, people judge a book by it's cover. tongue.gif
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i don't know how. i don't want to make a url to every pic. just dl it...plz.
baseball43v3r
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

err so i downloaded it and i can't really do anything. the layout looks nice but when i try and open a new team it does nothing. hope thats a debugger for you icon_biggrin.gif. as to a web based online league CMS/admin does anyone have a any good idea's? i'd take free or pay, just as long as its customizable.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 655 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.504298 seconds : 46 queries executed (81.4%): GZIP compression disabled