Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Continuum F1 Editor - v.1.2 (beta5) released.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic  [WIP] DirClient Post :: Post Zone pinger  View next topic  
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thankx... works now
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No problemo! icon_smile.gif Glad to hear..
Kliff
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The download link from your site seems to broken.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry about that, fixed. :-/... I hate when edits get overwrote... icon_sad.gif
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I overwrote the commondialog version which came with XP with yours. Now your software works.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My harddrive crashed, but no worries the sourcecode is saved icon_smile.gif... but it'll be a while until I can get going on the project again. Anyhow..

note2self: how about an export to html?
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CypherJF wrote:
give me some good #HEX colors; ie: color format of that on a webpage; yeah...and ill consider using them
I read this a long time ago, I just got a spare few minutes to change the color picker in my paint program to hex. My memory remembered your post incorrectly, here are websafe colours:

gray: 999999
green: 66CC66
blue: CCCCFF
red: FF3300
yellow: FFCC33
purple 9966FF
orange: FF9933
pink: FF9999

Thought I'd post it as someone could make use of my waste of time.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Was working on a new 'engine' for the editor, and designed this 'F1 Browser'.

edit: Found an hypothetical issue, %Y%%Ybounty
The code removes the color tags at the end, resulting first off:
%bounty, which is correct. but when it comes time to remove %b tags,
ounty is left. So I flipped this around, so %b is checked first, then to %W, so the word %b<something> wont get erased. :/

Yeah, Imma figure this one out icon_smile.gif haha..

fixed:
- 1 scene issue.
- minor code issues.

Updated 4/16/04

prjViewer.zip - 13.97 KB
File downloaded or viewed 57 time(s)
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There are a few issues left before I would consider releasing this, but here are a couple screen shots from the new editor... See attachments.

Screenshot 1 (png update :p)

ss1.png - 17.98 KB
File downloaded or viewed 94 time(s)

Screenshot 2 (png update :p)

ss2.png - 14.39 KB
File downloaded or viewed 67 time(s)

Last edited by CypherJF on Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total
-Smong-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So long as load/save is fast and the colours match SS it will be OK.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay, yes I did use your suggested web-safe colors; for the colors in the WYSIWYG portion.

'Source' view - allows you to edit your source code directly.

'Viewer' view - allows you to be able to edit the F1 file w/ a WYSIWYG style.

To be done:
Viewer -> insert, delete "windows".
Export -> .hlp, .lvz, .html

Issues:
Will notify the user that 'changes have been made' and will you like to update your source: when you open -> switch to viewer -> and back, and the F1 wasn't made w/ the editor. This is simply because of the checker, saying: I have this copy of what the source should look like, this is what I generated it to be, so there's a mismatch, let's use my version. Make sense, it's not that big of a deal but it can be anoying/misleading..

What I like to call the '%b'ounty issue. I need a better way to remove %- tags properly. Right now it loops through replacing("%" & the letter) with "", in this order: W,P,Y,R,G,B,p,b. So if %Y%%Ybounty%W, it'd loop through remove the %Y, leaving %bounty, but then it'll chop out the %b also, leaving 'outy'... So as a temporary fix, i switched the order... so it:
%bounty.

But that could leave issues for other possibilities, make sense biggrin.gif lol..

edit:
Also the issue of tooltip only allowing a very limited # of characters for the path. Possibly write my own tooltip :/?

Last edited by CypherJF on Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CypherJF wrote:
screen shots from the new editor... See attachments.

May I recommend png format for screenshots of programs in the future? Much clearer (lossless) and smaller file sizes.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

fine fine, be so picky MGB sa_tongue.gif pft haha icon_smile.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why don't you parse all the '%' at the same time? Just search for it and then decide color based on the letter afterwards.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The same would happen cause it'd think the %b in %bounty would be a color.. hMmm

edit:

I don't think there will be a true way of verifying it... I mean, yeah :/ unless I have a list of built in 'do not touch' text or something i dunno.
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Evaluate every % and if the user really wants a % to be printed out he has to write %%.

So, go through code, when you come to a % check next character. If it's a color indicator set the color; If it's a % print out a %; Otherwise ignore it.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

my older version did this: loaded the file went through every character (bad!!), and checked the next character to see if it's a color or 'K' tag, and if it was, it ignored it from the richtextbox.

How I setup this newer one, is it goes through the richtextbox finding the % and tries and locate the next one if there's a color tag following it, but doesn't remove these tags until the end, until i just do a string replace... which is bad in itself..

So, ...

the %% wouldn't be compatable w/ continuum, if I'm understanding you correctly.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Out of the commands.hlp:
%Y%%Ybounty%W Your bounty

So shouldn't you process %b first?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thats what I'm doing to resolve it for now; I can't think of any commands that begin with any of the other letters: B K P R W Y b p. hmMm.. wow i just love randomly typing up thoughts I have and posting em sa_tongue.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The thing is if you parsed all '%' by themselves, the "%%Ybounty" wouldn't be a problem.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lang: Visual Basic 6

Here is the source to my newer non-released version of the F1 Editor. As I have very little time to invest in this project anymore; I have several idea's started but not completed. Many area's could be optomized, etc. You will have to forgive the messy-ness of the code, but it works.

A condition on use of my source: You must publically state that this program was originally coded by CypherJF (ssCypherJF@yahoo.com).

Please feel free to let me know of any progress you make; and compiles you release.

Adios.
CypherJF (ssCypherJF@yahoo.com)
05/2004

F1 Editor Source (VB6)

F1Editor2dot0-src.zip - 17.19 KB
File downloaded or viewed 65 time(s)
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump, I -just- realized, that it'd be smart to check for the max lines for a window.. icon_smile.gif
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Run silent... run deep! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Build 1.4 beta 5 has been released to appease those people who were having fits about the pink and purple tags. After reviewing the source a bit more it appears %K stuff in beta4 may have caused some issues (no one said anything? or maybe I did something un-released in the meantime). Anyway, check this out and post any issues that you encounter (though you shouldn't!). Yes, the last release was 3 years. Yes, Vb6 does run on Vista, surprisingly. icon_smile.gif
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Same minor bug: In the original Continuum one, everything works perfectly. In the F1 editor's version, there's a problem in the line "%Y%%bounty%W", whereas the following gets colored red in continuum (%b). (perhaps adding the brown font would help to know beforehand)

Continuum:
Quote:
%Y%%Yfreq%W Your frequency
%Y%%Ybounty%W Your bounty

F1 Editor's original commands.hlp:
Quote:
%Y%%freq%W Your frequency
%Y%%bounty%W Your bounty

F1 editor's resaving of original Continuum one:
Quote:
%Yfreq%W Your frequency
%Ybounty%W Your bounty

And a second bug (when typing non-standard characters):
"Invalid run-time error '380':
Invalid property value"

Another small bug: When using the macros, I add one, but then remove it using "ctrl+z". I decide to add another one, and it's illegible (i.e. black font on black background).

And two last small things: The black background doesn't fully stretch to match the box, so I can partially see a bit of my desktop. - And, it's possible to copy+paste things into the F1 editor (such as pictures or files); but it doesn't affect anything after its saved though.

Other than all that, I think it's pretty well done! If there'd ever be a next version, I'd be nice to have pages for each f1 thing (e.g. everytime it reads #title, start new page). - PS: The max lines that Continuum allows is 36 after the title, and from left to right is illimited.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 673 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.487024 seconds : 51 queries executed (91.7%): GZIP compression disabled