Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Public Biller Blueprints & Plans Revealed

View previous topic  SSCC RedStar Post :: Post Server Website  View next topic  
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Public Biller Blueprints & Plans Revealed Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is still a few months before the Public Biller goes down with VisFX.Net or I have to move it. Confess+ has offered me hosting on the condition that I get the Public Biller to grow (aka some zone's to connect to it and actually take advantage of it). While taking that into consideration, I decided I might aswell reveal the plans I had constructed with my coder (I believe we abandoned this due to lack of motivation, he was doing it for free after all icon_smile.gif).

Well, I had always dreamed of having a portal for this Public Biller where people could create an account and submit their zone(s) for validation and registration, etc. Anyway, take a peak if you feel like it. If you are actually interested in wasting time fulfilling my plans, please let me know so that I could get together with you in some conversations and to stay in contact.

http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/PublicBiller-Plans.zip

PS. Those c-xxxxx commands in that one custom version of Catid's biller a ugly. Whether those are useful or not, those should be removed. I don't like them. I have a personal taste for the impression the SSC Biller makes on me.

There had always been two sides: SSC and non-SSC. The thing about non-SSC is that it isn't organized, like SSC is (despite if you think different). SSC is like "official," but there isn't exactly any standard, "official," global Public Biller for the non-SSC side. There may be now, but it seems more of a mess not having an SSC-like (and better) clone. I have always wanted to be there and provide something, and in this case of the Public Biller, just an ultimately professional, simple, and easy place to connect your zone(s) to.

Unbranded billers?
I do not mean "Catid" as a brand in anyway. Infact that name looks pretty good on the biller. Rather though, I prefer the title of this whole thing to be called just simply "Public Biller," while discussed how it is based off Catid's code. I've heard these expressions before: SST Biller, SSO Biller, SomeNetworks Biller. SSC Biller is usually referred to SSC Network, isn't it? Now this community need's something that is just quite ordinary and standard (like a neutral, unbiased object), possibly called the "Public Network" or "Public Biller" or whatever.

Sigh. *Slips back under covers into the shadows*

EDIT :: Public Network sounds best. Public Network is like the true Constitutional united States, while SSC is the Legal United States.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

But it is actually a biller, so I vote for public biller tongue.gif
Cancer+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So are you trying to take SSC off the map?

That would be interesting.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You may be interested when SkyBill is closer to being fully functional, as it will use a mysql (with support for other DB possibly) to authenticate players and servers. This will make creating a web-based administration system very easy.

However SkyBill will only support ASSS zones.

One request i have is all biller commands should be prefixed with "b" or other prefix (in the case of skybill i am probabbly going to use "sky" - "skylogin" for example)

As it causes problems in ASSS because for example ?info command is used by CatId's and ASSS.

Another feature i may experiment with latter is a TCP->UDP proxy

Last edited by Doc Flabby on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:43 am, edited 3 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

see if u can throw in a biller to biller bridge,

somehow like chats going across networks, cross net pms, etc
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess that is what I am saying. There is no SSC-version for the non-SSC world. That is my problem. Where can people centralize and unite outside of SSC?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
Quote:
I guess that is what I am saying. There is no SSC-version for the non-SSC world. That is my problem. Where can people centralize and unite outside of SSC?

SSForum
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
[..]

SSForum

thats not a biller :\
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSForum is not a non-SSC place while PoLiX is leading it and SSCentral. Those forums are strictly SSC only when it comes to the navbar and such. Not very friendly to the non-SSC. However, I think some things will change once he finishes the grand portal for SSCentral. icon_smile.gif
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSForum is neutral to the whole SSC / Non-SSC question apart from the navbar. Really, any zone is welcome - there have been lots of Non-SSC zones at SSForum before.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cremy has volunteered to help out.

I will spill some of my new thoughts.

For the web-based part of the biller, the registration form that pops up upon entry to a zone connected to SSC could be used to our advantage, if Dr. Flabby is willing to share some information. I believe he did claim a while back that he knew how to do that and more, just did not want to share it for the sake of possible exploits and such.

The client-based registration form and a web-based registration form could be available for a player to register from. Both would be connected with the databases very well.

Players would be able to login from the web-based part of the biller to have a GUI-styled control over their account. They might have more flexibility over ?messages (and ?message of course), changing their password, deleting their account, changing profile information, etc. It makes perfect sense to take advantage of both web and client based registration forms in this case. icon_smile.gif

Anybody have any clue onto getting rid of the "Not connected to central biller" message so that it will not scare away newbies?
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
For the web-based part of the biller, the registration form that pops up upon entry to a zone connected to SSC could be used to our advantage, if Dr. Flabby is willing to share some information. I believe he did claim a while back that he knew how to do that and more, just did not want to share it for the sake of possible exploits and such.

Anybody have any clue onto getting rid of the "Not connected to central biller" message so that it will not scare away newbies?

The packet needed to make registration form appear is already documented, you can even do it with the TCPBilling protocol.

I recommend having a look at some of the source in asss, Alot of the hard work is already done. asss-1.4.3/src/packets/billing.h

The stuff I won't talk about is not related to this. I have heard a rumour has it death+ has a biller that does not display the non-SSC biller message. How much truth in that I don't know.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Creemy? heh good luck with that
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
K'
You can win any war if you start a year early

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You will fail.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

doc, 100%, but he wont share anything.

Best way to go about it is to ask teh people that helped him, of which I wont release names to as Im not entirely sure if they did.
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:

hard-coded into the client $$$
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
[..]

hard-coded into the client $$$

There is obviously something SSC biller uses to identify itself as the biller, any other biller could easily implement this. It's figuring out how it identifies itself that's the hard part.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The "not connected to ssc biller" is hard coded into continuum, and since priitk has the user rights for continuum, the only way to get around is to write a brand new client which a few people are doing.

Or take the more unlikely way, have priitk remove it from the next version of continuum.. if there ever will be one.

I can also help with hosting issues if it becomes a problem but I run linux only.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or figure out which packet toggles the warning.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

From what ive gathered from several people that have attempted to find out how..as suspected, it is hardcoded into both the server and the client.

Basically, from the sounds of it (dont take my word for it):
Server connects to biller.
Biller says 'im ssc'.
Server says Ok.
Client Connets.
Server sends the SSC Packet
Client says 'cool, you're SSC'
Client joins.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Do you suppose some people in the Scene and/or elite reverse-engineering groups may be able to lead to some advancements regarding stuff like this if someone were able to find one of these great reverse-engineers?
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

People are already looking for it in another thread, I think, and they make it sound like it's not going to be a huge ordeal. I personally don't think they should do that until SSC either goes down/becomes too crappy to be the main biller(don't see it happening for a while). I mean, it's there for a reason. I like to know whether the zones I'm going to are actually part of the SSC biller or not, otherwise they can easily steal my password. I'm also guessing that if the biller was coded right, it wouldn't even ask me if I wanted to create a new name or not, it would just take my password and write it down somewhere. This is really just a bad idea all around, that kind of information really shouldn't be available to the public. Although, I'm hoping that if any zone actually did that with their biller, they'd be banned from the directory servers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 659 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.533562 seconds : 47 queries executed (72.9%): GZIP compression disabled