Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
spawn locatioins for players

View previous topic  wierd thing in asss dos prompt Post :: Post How can I make arena field bigger?  View next topic  
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: spawn locatioins for players Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've searched but no luck, just a 2004 topic that didn't work. anyway, how would i set team0(all teams) to spawn at 512 30 with a 3 radius? plz give an example in that format. ty.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In arena.conf put this:
[Spawn]
Team0-X = 512
Team0-Y = 30
Team0-Radius = 3
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ty. i was trying to do a quickfix and it wasn't working. i probably shoulda tried editing the files but i'm stupid like that. is it possible to do this through quickfix? ty lots.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's possible, but you have to edit some files during compile time. The settings for spawn in quickfix have always been wrong.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
corvey
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My question is similar to this and falls under the topic title. How can I make the player enter the game in the same location when they left?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You would have to use player tracking through position packets, and then store the per-player data when a player's action == PA_LeaveArena, then you would dig in the per-player data to warpto the coords when paction == PA_EnterArena. I think the most simple way to get this done would be by having the player type a command or use safe-zones before they leave, so you dont have to check their positions at all times. I believe this would be possible in python, if you know a bit, you can just steal some code from smong's "Open doors with safe zone" module, and check out per-player data, as well as a bit on player action and it should be pretty easy. At least, all this is what i think, i havent messed with asss for a while now. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You would have to store the player's last position, then warp them to that spot when they change ships.

It's not a terribly complicated module, if you've got a few under your belt.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 895 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.474614 seconds : 32 queries executed (93.5%): GZIP compression disabled