Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
awkward build error.

View previous topic  Recource files Post :: Post Air Power game (pre-release)  View next topic  
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: awkward build error. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've gotten this error a few times and need help with it. I know it's a build error like it says. here it is:

Code: Show/Hide
C:\Documents and Settings\*****\My Documents\zone file\Dev-Cpp\window spanish\Makefile.win [Build Error]  No rule to make target `"recource', needed by `window_spanish_private.res'.  Stop.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: awkward build error. Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
`"recource'

Notice the double-quote inside the single quotes. I'm guessing you are missing a " somewhere.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

but it's a build error and it doesn't give a line so it's not something in text....at least i thoiught so. ty for reply.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Post the makefile.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Make file:

# Project: Project1
# Makefile created by Dev-C++ 4.9.9.1

CPP  = g++.exe
CC   = gcc.exe
WINDRES = windres.exe
RES  = window_spanish_private.res
OBJ  = main.o $(RES)
LINKOBJ  = main.o $(RES)
LIBS =  -L"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows 
INCS =  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include"
CXXINCS =  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1/mingw32"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1/backward"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.3.1/include"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include"
BIN  = "window spanish.exe"
CXXFLAGS = $(CXXINCS) 
CFLAGS = $(INCS) 

.PHONY: all all-before all-after clean clean-custom

all: all-before "window spanish.exe" all-after

clean: clean-custom
   rm -f $(OBJ) $(BIN)

$(BIN): $(OBJ)
   $(CC) $(LINKOBJ) -o "window spanish.exe" $(LIBS)

main.o: main.c
   $(CC) -c main.c -o main.o $(CFLAGS)

window_spanish_private.res: window_spanish_private.rc "recource file.rc"
   $(WINDRES) -i window_spanish_private.rc --input-format=rc -o window_spanish_private.res -O coff

Edit: attached file since it's a little confusing to read on forums.
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My guess is it doesn't like the blank in "resource file".

Either that, or the file is missing.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what line are you talking about. or are you talking about the file itself. cause it's not blank.
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Talking about the last rule in the makefile.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh. i don't understand much of makefiles so could you help... ty
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try renaming the file from "resource file" to something else without a space in it.
Also make sure the file actually exists.

As there's no rule to make the file, it has to exists before running make.
So either it doesn't, or make can't find it because of the whitespace inside the filename.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok now it says it's circular..?
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Post the new makefile, too.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here's the error:

make.exe C:\DOCUME~1\Scott\MYDOCU~1\ZONEFI~1\Dev-Cpp\WINDOW~1\make.exe Circular recource <- recource.o dependency dropped. 

and makefile:

# Project: Project1
# Makefile created by Dev-C++ 4.9.9.1

CPP  = g++.exe
CC   = gcc.exe
WINDRES = windres.exe
RES  =
OBJ  = main.o recource.o $(RES)
LINKOBJ  = main.o $(RES)
LIBS =  -L"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows 
INCS =  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include"
CXXINCS =  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1/mingw32"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.3.1/backward"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.3.1/include"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include"
BIN  = WINDOW~1.exe
CXXFLAGS = $(CXXINCS) 
CFLAGS = $(INCS) 

.PHONY: all all-before all-after clean clean-custom

all: all-before WINDOW~1.exe all-after

clean: clean-custom
   rm -f $(OBJ) $(BIN)

$(BIN): $(OBJ)
   $(CC) $(LINKOBJ) -o "WINDOW~1.exe" $(LIBS)

main.o: main.c
   $(CC) -c main.c -o main.o $(CFLAGS)

recource.o: recource
   $(CC) -c recource -o recource.o $(CFLAGS)
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is recource a word?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i think so what do you mean. a word as in my program or the dictionary. lol. this makefile is automatically generated so it should be correct.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought it was resource...lol
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why is it called "recource"?
Where did the file extension go?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
recource.o: recource
   $(CC) -c recource -o recource.o $(CFLAGS)

The recourse in the first line says that for that build, it requires recourse to be built. Makefile checks for how to make that, finds the rule named recource.o and attempts to build that. Which is itself.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

which is why it's circular
hmm i'll jsut do it over. i was just playing around anyways. ty for that info and all reply's. i've gotten that quite a few times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 673 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.459710 seconds : 44 queries executed (81.0%): GZIP compression disabled