Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Java SS Directory Server (broken)

View previous topic  Recompiling SSBilling2 in Linux Post :: Post lvz2ini.php  View next topic  
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Java SS Directory Server (broken) Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thought i would share this as i don't seem to be getting anywhere with it. Someone someday might find the code useful. This was my first real programming attempt in java. I used a couple of very very useful twcore classes. ByteArray fixes so many thing wrong in java that make it crappy for networking apps much <3 to whoever wrote that class.

At the moment directory updates and pings work. No encryption is supported. The problem comes with continuum tongue.gif and it trying to download directory update downloads.

When a client trys to download the update gets garbled somehow and im not sure why, i think it is an error in how i am implementing the reliable protocol but i can't see it. It also can sometimes cause what i think is a buffer overflow in continuum. It causes a GPF sometimes neways. It works fine if there is only one or two entries in the directory as soon as the number of entries gets too large to fit in one packet it goes wrong. I've pretty much abandoned this project for the moment neways.

I was aiming to design this server to use less cpu than the tradition "poll" based servers. Ie it sleeps untill it received a packet. Processes packet. Goes back to sleep. As opposed to check every 5 milli seconds for a packet (which wastes cpu cycles)

Source is below. svn is accessable here: svn://playsubspace.com/pss/

Code is public domain. you can use if for anything you want.

Full source + JAR binary.

com.playSubSpace.DirectoryServer2.zip - 211.82 KB
File downloaded or viewed 45 time(s)

Last edited by Doc Flabby on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can't find the source on that http link... could you attach it here?
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

corrected svn link and attached full source+bin
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 664 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.400274 seconds : 30 queries executed (93.6%): GZIP compression disabled