Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Sorry about downtime

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  Note to all ASSS Developers Post :: Post Priit may work on Continuum 0.39 this ...  View next topic  
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Sorry about downtime This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

During the whole day, the forum's DNS was screwing around every so often on woolnet. In fact, there are still lots of problems going on with them right now that are currently unresolved.

Throughout the day, you might have gotten the page talking about your DNS being outdated. This is because I finally went into godaddy and changed the name servers for minegoboom.com to the mineplowers.com name server (where the forums have been hosted for the past six months). With this, it is the last of everything needed to switch the site over. Everything @minegoboom.com is now being done on the mineplowers.com server.

What does this mean for you? Nothing. It means more that I finally switched everything, such as some loose apache forwards and the whole mail server. The last one was the biggy, the reason why I have not done it yet before. But since I lost a whole days worth of emails from other hosts that are now sending to an invalid recipient at server3a.woolnet.net, I figured now is the best time.

Fun fact: About four months ago, shanky.com switched from server2a.woolnet.net to server3a.woolnet.net. To this day, the server2a.woolnet.net *@minegoboom.com email address still gets spam emails. Why? Who knows, apparently someone who programmed a spamming application just caches the IP address of the webserver and will forever use that same IP.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: