Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Sound ?

View previous topic  LVZ Hell Post :: Post cool stuff  View next topic  
wit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Sound ? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dont think its possible but can you u make a
on death sound?

kinda like explode but i just want the person that died to here it not everyone else, know what i mean?

i mean we can make an image do it.
image1,death, etc etc, could u label image1-a wav file?

wit.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They do this in MG. I'm guessing it's possible. icon_biggrin.gif

As for how I don't really know, you may need a bot for some of it, but I don't think you do.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Actually, there is a sound that is played when you died I think...

it's explode1.wa2

just add a different explode1.wa2 file in a lvz and it will play when a player explodes
wit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: yes Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah i unstand the explod1.wa file
I just dont want everyone else to hear it. when u die , know what i mean.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can't you just call it from an lvz with a bot?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pretty much you can get a bot to send the player that died a bong and make the explod1.wa file be silent.

PS: This can be done in Asss ez as pie.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
wit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Great Reply to topic Reply with quote

Guess that answer that ?
Was hoping i wouldnt have to use a bot , but oh well biggrin.gif

Thx alot.
Witness
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Chambahs wrote:
PS: This can be done in Asss ez as pie.

Yeah? The process for both is identical, except you're using a server-side module rather than a custom client.

@Wit:
Also, make sure you have the bot use the command "*relkills 1" after it connects so you don't miss any low-bounty kills.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry Cerium, but I think you contradicted yourself in that post.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A single extra command at startup is hardly grounds for the whole "ZOMG ASSS IS TEH SO MORE GOODER!" thing you guys like to do. You're taking this AS3 nonsense a bit too far lately. Yeah, everything is "easier" and "better" once you get past the convoluted API and the fact that AS3 is in serious need of a complete recode; but christ, you guys are sounding like fuckin BDWinsAlt or that other kid I flamed a lot.

I like you Cyan, but knock it off.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: yes Reply to topic Reply with quote

wit wrote:
Yeah i unstand the explod1.wa file
I just dont want everyone else to hear it. when u die , know what i mean.

The method Samapico explained will do exactly as you said - nobody else will hear your explosion sound.
icon_confused.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You sure mmav? I think when you die, everyone around you hears your ship getting blown up...
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wasn't going to say anything about ASSS in this topic, and I have cut down on my ASSS glorifying since you expressed your annoyance the time before. When you contradicted yourself, though, I just decided to point it out.

I truly believe that for someone who actually knows C/C++, ASSS is easier. It is much easier to understand the "flow" of execution and provides a lot more flexibility (meaning less workarounds). MERVBot, on the other hand, is well suited to copying and pasting code.

And wanna talk about needing a serious recode? MERVBot. I actually started recoding the whole thing (improving efficiency and coding style, adding formatted message sending, and stuff like that), but gave it up because it was pretty much turning into a client-side ASSS.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: yes Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maverick wrote:
[..]

The method Samapico explained will do exactly as you said - nobody else will hear your explosion sound.
icon_confused.gif

No mmav, he's right, when you kill someone and you're close enough of him, you can hear the explosion sound.
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan, I pretty much agree with everything in your post -- especially the MERV stuff.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: yes Reply to topic Reply with quote

edit: nvm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 675 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.595489 seconds : 41 queries executed (82.2%): GZIP compression disabled