Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
DCME, Drake Continuum Map Editor
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  A3 DC DLL for MervBot Post :: Post Subgame to ASSS migration assistant  View next topic  
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: DCME, Drake Continuum Map Editor Reply to topic Reply with quote

Drake Continuum Map Editor
by Drake7707 and Samapico

This map editor is under constant development and offers much more functionnality than most other editors.

Current main features:
  • LVZ files are fully supported. Even for non-image files.
  • eLVL attributes and regions fully supported, with quick region-drawing tools.
  • Complete Tileset editor with Tile editor
  • Test you map directly within the editor after you import your own settings
  • Stay up-to-date with the automatic updater
  • Maximize workspace by taking advantage of popup-tileset and popup-radar features once you've hidden the sidebar.
  • Non-rectangular selections supported, with possibility of transparency.
  • Switch/Replace tiles quickly.
  • TextToMap makes writing big text easy, while TileText makes typing text with tiles representing characters quick as notepad.

Download it here

Feel free to post comments, suggestions, or report bugs at [url=http://www.subspace.co/forum/277-drake-continuum-map-editor/[/url].

Last edited by Samapico on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 11 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome tool. I know there was another map editor (cross platform) written in java. I forgot if it was good or not. This tool is awesome. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're missing ELVL support.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xsp0rtsfanx
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
You're missing ELVL support.

is there anything for ASSS regions? because if not please implement that as well
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, Regions IS ELVL support, I'm like 90% sure... and yes, this map editor is severely lacking in that area. Sure, it's better than SSME, but that's no grand feat. That said, it's my favorite map editor, next to CLIT.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ELVL will be added some day... the thing is neither me or drake have any knowledge in that area.. so we'll have to search some I guess

Here's a topic on our forum concerning eLVL, I think we have all the info we need there... gotta get to work tongue.gif

we were thinking about embedding some more information in the eLVL part... info that only DCME would use, such as walltiles definitions or bookmarks, and possibly lvz information

Last edited by Samapico on Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, you could always ask Grel, he'd probably be happy to discuss ELVL with you.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Add some LVZ adding easiness to it. icon_confused.gif
Elnino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Samapico: Thx for the great application !

My friends and I are looking for the region support soon ! Go get to work ! =)

icon_exclaim.gif /cheer icon_exclaim.gif
Samapico

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Version 1.2.8 is out! Check for updates folks!
To download it directly, or view the list of changes, click here..

And no, sadly, it doesn't include eLVL yet...
Samapico

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Version 1.2.9 is now available.

It includes a "TileText" feature which you can use with tilesets that include characters. You can directly type stuff on the map using these tiles.
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

eLVL in DCME is coming soon guys... I've just been able to load and re-save a map with eLVL data icon_biggrin.gif Stay tuned...
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

DCME 2.0 is about to be released!

The 2 main features of this next version are
    -eLVL support
      Draw regions quickly and edit properties easily. Python code can also be pasted in.

-Quick map testing
      Fly your ship around directly from the map editor!
      This feature will probably not be completed for 2.0 as it still has quite a few bugs, but it's still fun.
      Eventually the user will be able to load his own settings file, along with a built-in settings editor.

a pre-release is available here. Note that this version is not official yet, and still has some bugs. An official 2.0 release should be ready in a few days from now.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, man, DCME is my favorite map editor, and I'm about to need eLVL support. <3

So many people that want to make a new client... I bet one day DCME becomes the new client. With a really, really good built-in map editor.
Samapico

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Check out DCME 2.0 pr3,
All known bugs related to eLVL are fixed, and the test map feature is nearly completed.
We'd really like to get some feedback on the new stuff, like the interface for the regions.
Download this pre-release version at http://forums.sscentral.com/index.php?showtopic=12652&st=25#

Also, if anyone knows enough about subspace physics to tell me what's wrong with the current way ship moves in Test Map mode, it would be appreciated. Where I get a problem is when you need to, for example, decrease X speed to avoid going over the max speed while thrusting in Y.

Note that this version is not official, but there aren't any known critical bugs for now... If you do find a bug, please post a description of it, and if you can, the debug log (help -> view debug log)
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The test map feature is awesome.

I think the problem is the acceleration is that in the map editor it is linear.

in continuum acceleration is not linear i think, i may be wrong tho...
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What I would do is add onto the y speed, then take the resultant from both x and y speeds, if that exceeds the maximum speed you scale both x and y speed down to match the maximum speed. So roughly speaking:
Code: Show/Hide
r = root(xs*xs + ys*ys)
if r > max:
  xs = xs * max / r
  ys = ys * max / r

Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

im pretty sure acceleration is linear. the thrust value is something like then number of speed units added every 1/10th or every 1/100th second.

And Smong, that's exactly what I did :S
But the speed of the axis that needs to be reduced isnt reduced fast enough (or so it seems to me)... maybe its just a rounding thing though...
But after scaling, I even cut down any decimals with Fix(), so it also works with negative speeds...

newSpeedX = ship.vx + DeltaX
    newSpeedY = ship.vy + DeltaY
    curSpeed = Sqr(newSpeedX * newSpeedX + newSpeedY * newSpeedY)

If ship.turbo Then
        If curSpeed > shipprops(ship.Type).MaximumSpeed Then
            'speed is now more than maxspeed, reduce speed, keeping same direction
            newSpeedX = newSpeedX * (shipprops(ship.Type).MaximumSpeed / curSpeed)
            newSpeedY = newSpeedY * (shipprops(ship.Type).MaximumSpeed / curSpeed)
        End If
    Else
        If curSpeed > shipprops(ship.Type).InitialSpeed Then
            'speed is now more than maxspeed, reduce speed, keeping same direction
            newSpeedX = newSpeedX * (shipprops(ship.Type).InitialSpeed / curSpeed)
            newSpeedY = newSpeedY * (shipprops(ship.Type).InitialSpeed / curSpeed)
        End If
    End If

ship.vx = Fix(newSpeedX)
    ship.vy = Fix(newSpeedY)

newSpeedX, newSpeedY and curSpeed are all doubles, ship.vx and ship.vy are long integers...
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

this works in Discretion:

int newVelSq = myShip->vel.x * myShip->vel.x + myShip->vel.y * myShip->vel.y;
int maxVel = curSettings.maxVel;
int maxVelSq = maxVel * maxVel;

if (newVelSq > maxVelSq)
{ // limit the speed            
   double movingRad = atan2((double)-myShip->vel.y, (double)myShip->vel.x);

myShip->vel.x = (int)(maxVel * cos(movingRad));
   myShip->vel.y = (int)(-maxVel * sin(movingRad));   
}

Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thanks i'll try that out
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

atan2? why the 2?
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Because that handles all of the sign conditions, rather than having to do it yourself.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i'm having a sign problem with that thing, probably cause vb's arctan doesnt handle these sign stuff (it only receives one argument)...

hmmm ok
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol... it keeps bouncing... bleh... stupid signs
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

it does the same thing =/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 682 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.511701 seconds : 50 queries executed (79.5%): GZIP compression disabled