Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Recompiling SSBilling2 in Linux

View previous topic  Zone creator VIA PHP website. Post :: Post Java SS Directory Server (broken)  View next topic  
tenkawa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Recompiling SSBilling2 in Linux Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anyone attempted taking the ssb2 src that comes with the ssbilling2 package for 1.11i and porting it to Linux?

Thanks

Tenkawa
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sure someone has attempted it but it'd need to be re-written not to utilize winsock and other windows-based libraries.
tenkawa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good point. Alternate question. Is there a linux based continuum billing server out there anywhere?
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I believe Doc Flabby runs it on Linux under Wine

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
tenkawa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thats what I'm doing now. I am just trying to take out all the unnecessary overhead out of the picture.. ASSS has done that on the zone/game server side and if subbill/subbill2/etc gets ported somehow and since ssbillng2's source is available it seems like a good porting candidate then a completely native gameserver could be run. Wine even for ssbilling2 still uses more resources than I'd like although it does run a lot nicer than subbill in my testing.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wow im impressed other people have tried the wine way lol

im sure it could be ported. I don't have the knowledge c in Linux and Windows to do it however.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hm, have you noticed that AS3 doesn't have to be connected to a biller? It's already possible to run a completely native gameserver. If you'd still like to connect to a biller, you can connect to the Public Biller if you apply for a slot. AS3 can replicate the password system, and even the alias checks if you are using mysql. Between that, and the fact that you can just use Wine for SSBilling2, I doubt that there are many people interested in porting this. The need really isn't there.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tenkawa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I recognize all of that and you are right there's no demand, just curiosity speaking. I am probably going to write a sqlite api for asss myself and play around with adding more db functions. As far as the biller goes yeah going with the public biller is probably the way to go or just use it completely internal db only and have no biller daemon running at all.

Tenkawa
tenkawa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah the more I think about it the low volume of data would be quite fine to use BDB for. I re set up the server to use bdb only and no billing server and that should be adequate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 670 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.439630 seconds : 34 queries executed (93.6%): GZIP compression disabled