Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Turf flag mixup in mapdata.c

View previous topic  Interfaces suggestions Post :: Post Walls? Walls? So many walls?  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Turf flag mixup in mapdata.c Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've been trying to get turf to work (1.0rc1). I get:
Jun 29 18:27:22 W <points_turf_reward> {loadout} Map has no flags.

mapdata.c wrote:
#define TILE_FLAG 0xAA

0xAA is 170 so it's '¬', but I make a map with just one turf flag and it's 'ª' which is 166 or 0xA6 (I used SSME). So which one is correct?

Edit: I'm not posting this in the windows bugs thread because I found this bug in the source code. However if I'm right, do you think you could recompile core.dll (Dev-C++ makes .dll's that crash AsssWin)?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Its 0xAA for turf flags. Try loading a map from some other zone that has turf flags, see if still occurs.

As for the Dev-C++, make sure it compiles it as C, not C++. I'll work on a hack later to support C++ dlls, but not yet.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I tried the turf1 map from asss test zone and here is some stuff from the console/log:
I <flags> {loadout} Arena has flaggame 2 (6-6 flags)
M <flags> {loadout} [Me!] Tried to pick up a carried flag
I <flags> {loadout} [Me!] too lagged to pick up flag 148

I could only pick up the 6 flags in/around sector A1. I'm guessing the 148 thing was sent by the client, otherwise it would be at least 149-149 flags. I've tried various FlagCount's in [Flag], but I don't think that is used in turf anyway. I also tried adding 198 flags to my original map, but I still get 0-0 flags.

Another time where stuff only worked around sector A1 is Pppk() when I recompiled it in it's own module to get autoturrets working in 0.9.8 (this was with Dev-Cpp, so that says it all really).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tiles positioned above or to the left of the flag seem to have the most stopping power. (Position in file, tileset and filesize don't seem to matter).

Attached are two levels, one that works and one that doesn't.

broken.lvl - 0.09 KB
LVL Preview: Full Size - Half Size
File downloaded or viewed 25 time(s)

ok.lvl - 0.09 KB
LVL Preview: Full Size - Half Size
File downloaded or viewed 28 time(s)
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Might i recommend you trying .lvl's with tilesets? Could be the problem, but not sure.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My original map had a tileset, I chose to attach small maps to save space and in the hope that someone could spot the problem quicker if there were less tiles.

After some testing I think fread() returns 0 whenever it feels like it, although always the same place with the same file. Some files make my test program find no tiles, one time it found about 45 tiles and stopped.

If someone could test the maps I uploaded on a windows machine and report back it would be helpful. I have another computer, but half the modules won't load (PII 233 or was it 266? and win98).

I'm off to check out fread() on MSDN...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 643 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.648660 seconds : 33 queries executed (85.9%): GZIP compression disabled