Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Zone creator VIA PHP website.

View previous topic  nebula (zone list downloader) Post :: Post Recompiling SSBilling2 in Linux  View next topic  
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Zone creator VIA PHP website. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm posting this here because it's where all the best coders are, and i sure as hell am not prepared for a task like this, but you are. Mine can move this however he seems suitable.

My aim here is A zone creation wizard on a website. It will feature dropdown menu's / categories of setings / configuration. Users can choose from a variety of settings, tiles, maps, ect. It would be great to see support for AS3 since it has more features and the real goal is to expand Continuum and it's playerbase. We can get out sourcefiles by having an upload button, we can all upload maps / settings / lvz / sounds / modules / bots / graphics so that the users can then choose from them, mix and match, and finally get some sourcfiles to upload to their zones.

This is a great way to clean up zones on the zones list, create a more unique variety of zones for new pilots to choose from, and they won't be all unfinished and newblike.

This is one of the best ideas i had ina while.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was already thinking of putting my coder to work on something like this, but first comes first. At the moment he's working on my Public Biller, which he has to finish first (will take time).

I've already made a one-stop server kit, which you can download at http://www.jackpotsvs.com/files/ServerKit-Full.exe. This is a pre-configured, ready-to-go, instant-action server kit. Comes with a fully compatible standard VIE biller and a recompiled version of Catid's Biller (11j), MERVBot, a Directory Server, latest version of Subgame2, and Scoreman. Pretty much an all-in-one pack smashed into a 2mb Installer.

Once installed, you can run either biller and subgame right off the bat and get going immidiately. Not to mention that also the bot will work just as well too. To add your zone to your list, you must customly add the zone...
The Zone Name is Development Zone.
The IP is 127.0.0.1.
The Port is 27015.

Other information...
The Biller uses port 27019.
You will need to add sscentral.sscuservers.net to IP under Directory in your server.ini for your zone to be listed publically. The zone is preconfigured for private use or development.

Last edited by L.C. on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey that's a pretty neat package

Last edited by KrynetiX on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
cReEmY
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well it will require alot of time, server cooperation, developers, space and that stuff to do it. Code it with PHP and use MySQL Databases we can develop it. I just talked with Aquarius/KrynetiX about it. I told him that we should make a web team. So all Bot/Web/Graphics/ASSS/Billers developers or if you host zones please join ?chat=ssweb. If any webhosts can help us with webspace please contact me at creemy786@gmail.com or Aquarius/KrynetiX at krynetix@gmail.com and join ?chat=ssweb. Aquarius/KrynetiX and me will be coordinating it. Please join the web developement if you develop bots/webs/graphics/ASSS/Billers or if you host zones/websites.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Joining chat. Glad to see that you wish to help Creem! biggrin.gif

Oh good look on the /ssdev site! icon_smile.gif
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

KrynetiX wrote:
hey that's awesome LC but your linky is broken.
Incase you didn't notice, phpBB is very stupidly coded to where it will even recognize the "." as part of the URL. I didn't care for writing it as "http://www.jackpotsvs.com/files/ServerKit-Full.exe ." with a space in between because that's just absolutely silly. vBulletin's developers are even smarter than that.

http://www.jackpotsvs.com/files/ServerKit-Full.exe
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

KrynetiX wrote:
We can get out sourcefiles by having an upload button, we can all upload maps / settings / lvz / sounds / modules / bots / graphics so that the users can then choose from them, mix and match, and finally get some sourcfiles to upload to their zones.

So you have a user pick material uploaded by others for this

KrynetiX wrote:
create a more unique variety of zones

goal? How interesting. I'll give you 10 identical chairs and you'll be able to make it an uinque set of chairs!

KrynextiX wrote:
and they won't be all unfinished and newblike.

I doubt anyone who seriously wants to get a "nice" zone running isn't going to use material from a website. Some people here are actually creative enough to make something without having to use someone else's work.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C., other people are intelligent enough to use the [url] tags.

Oh, and you actually "own" a 'coder'? So (s)he's like... your slave? I thought that's illegal. Or is it some sick sex-related power-play game? D1st0rt seems to be into that, he'll want to help.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dirl solo

Also, zones being unfinished has nothing to do with how the files are uploaded, you have to actually have something to put in the zone for it to be "finished".

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

D1st0rt wrote:

Also, zones being unfinished has nothing to do with how the files are uploaded,

what?? i don't think you understand me..

i don't think any of you do

i realize theres a certain level of ambition and creativity + hard work put into zones and that's what makes them fun. But having a massive archive of data to mix and match leaves it open for all types of sweet gameplay made by NEWBIES how great is that

i discussed this outside of this forum with many people and got alot oof valuable input that lead me to pretty much abandon this idea unless theres some great support

#1 creative people make zones, so lets just stick to 'make a zone in 10 mins and act like it took weeks'

#2 someone told me continuum can only support so many zones, but i think thats a lie
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
#2 someone told me continuum can only support so many zones, but i think thats a lie
Got any evidence to back that up?

At the moment I don't think we know of any maximum limit of how many zones can be listed altogether, primarily because we've never came to this limit.

I heard the SSC Biller could only support ~600 players per zone before going unstable. I can't prove this, nor have evidence, this is just something I heard about.

However, Subgame2 does support a stable 1024 players (1024 is maximum player limit for subgame2 by the way). For those that think that the one zone back a few months ago was an AS3, you're wrong because I was there to experiment with Subgame2 with another buddy who had server. I supplied the files, he ran the equipment. I'm not giving any information to how this was done though until I can get some permission from my buddy. To whoever this 'buddy' is, that information will remain disclosed. sa_tongue.gif

I don't know AS3's maximum (literal) player limit. icon_sad.gif
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well then I'm being an ass for disclosing that information.
The zone you experimented with was named '1337' and your buddy was Death+ (his name matched the IP of the zone).

Anyhow.. who cares
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There seems to be some deviation here. I would have imagined krynetix was saying too many zones would spread the players too thinly.
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

smong this is PURE DEVIATION lol.. i just want a zone creaot wizard that also allows anybody to upload their files, and users to choose those files from dropdown lists (or something)

pretty hard, but not too hard
and like i said i realize that it takes a certain level of creativity and will to make a zone nowadays but mixing and matching via a simple to use wizard = endless possilities
freakmonger
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Don't think this is what you are talking about but this is the best thing I've seen as far as interaction between a website and continuum.

SSDC

With a click of a button you can get your zone (including bots) hosted. Its mainly for Dev Zones.
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i like that i think i'm going to contact them biggrin.gif
freakmonger
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes bj is a wizard with php. But he is very busy with real life stuff right now, just incase you don't get a reply.
cReEmY
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He sure is! Ok now i think we should move this to another forum....
Remember if you are a web/graphic/bot/biller/web host/zone host please join ?chat=ssweb
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey this is not a bad idea.
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

not a bad idea at all biggrin.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 634 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.515615 seconds : 45 queries executed (73.1%): GZIP compression disabled