Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Building asss 1.4.3 in MSVC 7.1 (.NET 2003)

View previous topic  Help tweak and Notify Module Post :: Post Invoking Mono from an ASSS Module  View next topic  
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Building asss 1.4.3 in MSVC 7.1 (.NET 2003) Reply to topic Reply with quote

Apprently this is rocket science, so instead of handling this case by case, I've put together some files and a guide for building asss (specifically 1.4.3) in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003.

These instructions and projects should be complete, but reply back if I forgot something. Extract to your asss 1.4.3 directory but if you've modified persist.c, objects.c, cmod.c, or pymod.c, back those up first and refer to the guide about those files afterwards. The guide is msvc71_guide.txt. This may or may not work for newer versions of MSVC.

One issue I've thought of off hand, is if you don't use the guide to make your own solutions, make sure you edit the Pre-Build Events to have the correct path to Python, they default to c:\program files\python235 since that was where mine was.

Enjoy?

asss143msvc71.zip - 1092.58 KB
File downloaded or viewed 90 time(s)

Last edited by Arnk Kilo Dylie on Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

looks good. Glad to see you figured out the python stuff.
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Revision 1 at same url after boneheadedness on my part.
Revision 2 after more boneheadedness.

It's tough to realize something's missing when your compiler is already set up to have so many include directories. :p

Edit 2: These do have the capability of generating the .inc files that are so elusive without a makefile. neeeat.

Edit 3: It should work now out of the box assuming you installed python to the same place I did.. if not, follow the guide.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Updated the mirrored copy here as well.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice, will look at it later. icon_smile.gif

Bleh, I remember trying to get this done once, but I had no idea how to deal with the python stuff. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm glad someone took the time to make some use out of windows :)

Very nice.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, my suggestion got junked, so I'm trying to use the guide to compile on VC++ 6. I've gotten funky, scoring, and database to compile by following the guide you made, but not asss or pymod.

asss gives me these 2 errors:
Code: Show/Hide
C:\asss\vc6asss\src\core\cfghelp.c(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cfghelp.inc': No such file or directory

C:\asss\vc6asss\src\core\mapdata.c(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sparse.inc': No such file or directory

pymod gives me these 2 errors:
..\..\src\include\win32compat.h(57) : error C2632: 'int' followed by 'int' is illegal

C:\asss\vc6asss\src\pymod\pymod.c(689) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'py_types.inc': No such file or directory

If anyone has any idea as to what I forgot to do please reply.

Also, in the guide from line 80:
msvc71_guide.txt wrote:
in database, add ..\..\mysqlinc to the include directories, and add libmysql.lib to the extra dependencies list.

The ..\..\mysqlinc should be ..\..\windeps\mysqlinc.

Edit:
Okay, I solved the .inc errors and got asss to compile. To fix the problems I had to go through and manually run the scripts because my vc6 was having problems with python.

Pymod still gives that first error and a couple others, but I don't really need pymod atm so its not a problem for me. If others would like the entire project working though, someone will need to help me fix that.

Here's the VC++ 6.0 projects for everything I've made. Look in the projects folders for the projects, and in the settings make sure to change my "c:\python23" in Custom Build to whatever your python directory is.

Like I said, to solve my include problems I just ran the python scripts manually, which if it dosen't work on your machine either you can use the gen_asss/pymod/funky.bat as a guideline.

Good luck!

vc6as3.zip - 211.69 KB
File downloaded or viewed 38 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You should try using one of the converters to convert it to a VC6 project to see if it works out of the box
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I couldn't find any converters that went back to 6, but I'm ok with how it works now for personal use.
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The guide should be fixed now, good find.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got it all to work using MSVC++ .NET 2003.

Here's just a suggestion for the bat scripts. I hope you'll implement it. sa_tongue.gif

@echo off

rem Set DEBUG to echo to turn debugging on.
set DEBUG=rem

rem Backup the current directory in a variable.
rem for /f "delims=" %%i in ('cd') do set CWD=%%i
set CWD=%CD%

set PYTHON=""

cd "%ProgramFiles%"
%DEBUG% Looking for the python executable in %ProgramFiles%...
for /f %%i in ('dir /S /B ^| find "python.exe"') do (
   %DEBUG% The python executable was found in %ProgramFiles%:
   set PYTHON=%%i
   goto found
)

cd %SystemDrive%\
%DEBUG% Looking for the python executable on the system drive (%SystemDrive%)...
for /f %%i in ('dir /S /B ^| find "python.exe"') do (
   %DEBUG% The python executable was found:
   set PYTHON=%%i
   goto found
)

%DEBUG% ^>^>^> %PYTHON%

if ""==%PYTHON% (goto error)

:found
rem echo %PYTHON%
goto done

:error
rem Turn console light-red on black (pretty ugly and stupid, but whatever).
color 0C
echo !!! ERROR: Python executable couldn't be found. Please set variable manually.
goto done

:done
cd %CWD%

rem Insert code from gen_xxx.bat files here.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

o_O

By the way, there has been an issue with the bundled pthreads (apparently both the default windows release dll and mine) that caused a deadlock when a player disconnected, rendering the server all but useless as a real zone server. I have remedied this by updating the pthread.h/pthreadVC.dll/pthreadVC.lib locally, but I have not updated the guide yet, but if you're impatient, just get a new bundle of those files and rebuild.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'security:security'?

using the old security.dll will work? it uses pthreadgc.dll not vc.
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Eh, pthreadGC2.dll and security.dll come with the windows release I'm almost certain. Are you sure you have the scrty files in root?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

scrty files were missing. thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 666 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.463753 seconds : 42 queries executed (92.6%): GZIP compression disabled