Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
The Leper's Colony
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  Recaptcha Post :: Post Possible Downtime - Saturday, January ...  View next topic  
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: The Leper's Colony This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

As I'm one to like to keep records, this thread will contain a list of all users banned or repermanded on these forums. This list does not include why certain users have specific custom titles for them. Those reasons maybe requested directly through email or private messages from one of the Forum Admins.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Smithy101
Result: Temporary Ban
Started: September 2, 2004, 10PM
Ended: September 8, 2004, 12AM

Reason: For submitting an abusive post containing many animated smilies. Do so after another user did the same thing after I said that was one of the few things that I will not tolerate. The first user, Deadly, did so as a joke, which is understandable and easily fixed. Smithy101 did so after the fact, under an anonymous name of 50K Worth Donuts. Posting IP address matched Smithy101 and X-Raider. They are known to be siblings. Smithy101 was decided upon based from previous events in which he has repeated things soon after people's attempts to correct him.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: The Sharkie
Result: Unable to display signature
Started: Unknown
Ended: Still active

Reason: For having a link to http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1196587 in his signature, which forwards to a capture page designed to record those whom click on it for personal gain to the original user.

How to be removed: If he would remove the link in his signature, and then verify with a Forum Admin.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Bik
Result: Unable to display signature
Started: Unknown

Reason: Posting a large image in his signature, and not removing it after a request via Private Messages.

How to be removed: If he would remove or reduce the size of the image in his signature, and then verify with a Forum Admin.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Dr Brain
Result: Just a warning for now (Rank changed)
Started: October 5, 2004 12:30 AM

Reason: Purposely bumped a really old thread and asked for an award. So, I gave him one.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: pokemon 2001
Result: Auto-login on every post from known IP addresses
Started: November 21, 2004 2:30 AM
Ended: January 18, 2004 7:00 PM

Reason: Posting as guest very commonly with stupid posts. Felt the need to allow others to ignore user if they wished, so added a hack to force all posts from his known IP addresses to be logged into his user, no matter what.

Update: Auto-login revoked by request.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Who cares
Result: Auto-login on every post from known IP addresses
Started: November 21, 2004 2:30 AM

Reason: Actual demand for ability to ignore user. Instead of adding ignore by IP, since that would require actual work, I implimented the same feature I did to the above user. Thus, every post from this user's known IP history will be forced as the listed user.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Anonymous user through proxy (btcentralplus.com)
Result: IP block banned until further notice
Started: November 25, 2004 4:00 PM
Ended: January 8, 2007 4:20 PM

Reason: Spamming over the whole forums, both as new topics, and as replies to other posts. All messages from user were either deleted completely (empty spam threads) or edited to not show advertisements.

Last edited by Mine GO BOOM on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Bak
Result: IP block from files folder
Started: April 3, 2005 12:45 AM
Ended: May 3, 2005 1:00 PM

Reason: Using a java script to repeatedly download guess.py from this post for a 30 minute interval. Download count of file has been reset to remove all counts this IP has downloaded.

Update: Still hasn't responded to as to why he did this, though living the ban because it has been a month.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: newb
Result: Set custom title, removed ability for signature/avatar
Started: May 5, 2005 4:30 PM

Reason: Thinks posting large pictures of turds are an acceptable responce to people's opinions.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Quan Chi2
Result: Banned for a week
Started: August 8, 2005, 2:23 AM
Ended: August 17, 2005, 3:00 AM

Reason: Cannot not be an ass. He was warned, but then ignored the warning. I figure that a week will be good. Is only a name ban, though if he posts anonymously, I will have to extend the ban beyond a week.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

IP: 213.167.55.101
Result: IP Ban
Started: August 22, 2005, 11:35 AM
Ended: January 8, 2007, 4:20 PM

Reason: Russian call girls. You'd think they use different IPs when they go around hitting up forums. Guess not.

Last edited by Mine GO BOOM on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

IP: 65.19.150.*
Result: IP Subnet Ban
Started: August 24, 2005, 3:00 PM

Reason: Fuck you Omni-Explorer. Seriously. FUCK YOU! Lets explore the ways you suck.

1. You ignored robots.txt your first trial run out on the internet, and you let it run for a couple of days before "oops, I screwed this up."

2. You said you fixed it, and also said you now read Crawl-delay, like you should. Good, lets apply that to the User-agent: *, so case you are an idiot and ignore globals again, but for some reason read random crawler delay settings, you might not kill us again.

3. You went ahead and just not read user-agents again. Oh, but you read that crawl delay, good for you. Thanks. Now my site didn't die at least.

4. Oh wait, you enjoy hitting up EVERY SINGLE LINK ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE, EVEN IF YOU ALREADY BROWSED IT? Good thing you crawled my site with 5 (five) different bots at the exact same time. Good thing you don't care about cookies, so every single time you hit up a link, you created a new session, thus all the links got new session ids, which for some reason you browsed those links, but never reused those new session ids.

5. Lets guess which day you did this.

I guess me not correctly fixing the subdomain bandwidth actually saved this site, as once they hit the bandwidth limitation pages, they stopped crawling. If I had correctly set it up earlier, they would have probably gone through and sucked down every single bit of bandwidth we have, which is almost half a terabyte between minegoboom.com/shanky.com and all the other sites we host.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Quan Chi2 and Spyed
Result: Spam protection measures initiated
Started: October 1, 2005, 1:20 PM

Reason: Due to these two feeding off each other so quickly to troll topics to extremes I have never seen before, a new system has been put into place. With this system, neither can reply to a topic if the last person who replied to it was either one of them. If they wish to further add to the topic, they are free to edit their last post in the topic, but they cannot add a new post until another person other than these two reply to it, or a 24 hour time period has expired.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Spyed
Result: Banned from posting in Trash Talk
Started: October 20, 2005, 11:10 AM
Ended: October 30, 2005, 8:00 PM

Reason: Massive abuse of posting with being insanely stupid as of late and falling for Assassin2684's trap. Posted insane about of smilies and thought it might be a good idea.

Update: Well, it was getting close to a week, and he was doing pretty good, but then had to go and blow it. Added an IP block of him guest posting in Trash Talk. Last notice given.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Assassin2684
Result: Unable to post anywhere on the forums.
Started: October 20, 2005, 11:10 AM
Ended: October 20, 2005, 10:35 PM

Reason: For playing devil's advocate to Spyed, knowing full well he'd be stupid enough to do suggested.

Update: October 20, 2005, 12:01 PM - Now enforces ban via IP.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Result: Prevention of using emoticons
Started: November 3, 2005, 12:40 PM

Reason: Is a complete and total idiot when it comes to the usage of emoticons. So, as a way in which to protect the innocent, no messages posted by him will allow emoticons to be displayed. Instead, it will always display the text version.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Result: Prevention of using bbcode
Started: November 17, 2005, 10:45 PM
Ended: December 21 2005, 4:03 AM

Reason: Its getting pretty bad when I know your user id in here by heart, and about 5% of all the php files on these forums now have your user id hard coded into them somewhere. Real reason: this thread.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: OutlawGene
Started: December 28, 2005, 2:08 PM
Ended: December 30, 2005, 12:10 PM

Reason: If you try to compete with someone who got banned for what you are trying to achieve, you too will gain the same fate.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Started: January 20, 2006, 2:51 PM
Ended: Never

Reason: Contributed nothing for the whole month except useless comments. He has shown to contribute useful questions in other areas, such as bot programming, but his crappy trolling of topics is completely baseless and is not in the scope of these forums in anyway.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: Quan Chi2
Result: Cannot post under guest account
Started: January 26, 2006, 2:45 PM

Reason: People have your ignored for a reason (currently #1, beating Spyed even). Guest posting is designed for non-users to be able to participate, not for a specific user to continue posting garbage so others will have to filter through it.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Result: Complete blockage of guest posting from all of btbroadband.com's network
Started: July 12, 2006, 3:56 PM

Reason: Spyed felt the need again to defend his honor as the most spammable guy. As to why, I'm unsure, I just hope ssforum.net will take him back. Either way, the whole of btbroadband.com's network range(s) are now hard-coded blocked into the forums. This means that no guest posting is possible from there. There is at least one innocent user in this range that is an active user here, so registered users can still post. This includes Spyed as well.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Username: DarthVadar and pidd
Result: Usernames disabled
Started: October 6, 2006, 2:13 AM

Reason: Usernames belong to a previous username which has restrictions enabled. Discussed with user about situation and resolved the aliases. Disabled all aliases except the original.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Result: All user registrations blocked from btcentralplus.com
Started: November 15, 2006, 11:58 AM
Ended: Still Active

Reason: After numerous warnings and blocks, Spyed still cannot leave well enough alone. Thus, all user registrations originating from a host on btcentralplus.com's network have been flagged and cannot register without assistance from the admin.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Result: Trash Talk blocked from btcentralplus.com
Started: November 15, 2006, 11:58 AM
Ended: Still Active

Reason: After numerous warnings and blocks, Spyed still cannot leave well enough alone. Thus, Trash Talk forums has been blocked from all guest users coming from a host on btcentralplus.com's network. It will not been seen on the index, the forum view is blocked, and any topics posted in the Trash Talk forums will also be unviewable.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: