Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
how to cover/replace the background to one that i made

View previous topic  objon/off Post :: Post can't see splash screen but only half ...  View next topic  
jena

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: how to cover/replace the background to one that i made Reply to topic Reply with quote

i have a background that i would like to put in place of the starfield/space.
can it be a jpeg and also where (exactily) do i enter it so that it will load correctly? btw:i used photoshop to make it
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, it can be a .jpg

You will probably want the following files:

lvztoolkit.zip

tiledmajick.zip

Extract both of those files after you download them.

To make the .lvz you must first make the .ini, to get the coords for the .ini you must first use tiledmajick.

Run TiledMajick.exe (from tiledmajick.zip).

Input the width and height dimensions of your background .jpg. "0" is probably an appropriate IMAGE #, but change it if you need. Hit the "Do It" button and it will save the coordinates necessary for your image to cover (to be "tiled") over the entire map into the file "output.txt".

Now, open up notepad.

Type in the following:

Code: Show/Hide

outfile=whatever.lvz

file=yourimage.jpg

[objectimages]
image#=yourimage.jpg

[mapobjects]
output.txt

Where whatever=whatever name you like, yourimage=the name of your background image (whose dimensions you used in tiledmajick), and output.txt=everything in output.txt copied underneath "[mapobjects]".

Don't forget to make image# = whatever specific # (number) you are using.

Save this notepad file as whatever.ini (yes, whatever name you want).

Make sure your background image is in the same directory as whatever.ini .

Run BuildLevel.exe, select whatever.ini and it will create whatever.lvz in the same directory.

Upload whatever.lvz to your zone's server. If you have sysop access, make sure whatever.lvz is in your main Continuum directory, then type "*putfile whatever.lvz" in-game. If you are not a sysop, get a sysop to do that.

Get a copy of the .cfg for the arena you want the background image to be used in. If you're a sysop, type "*getfile arenaname.cfg". Open it up, find the [Misc] section. Find the line "LevelFiles=". If it doesn't exist, add it yourself to the end of the [Misc] section. Make it "LevelFiles=whatever.lvz". Save the modified .cfg, upload it back to the server (*putfile arenaname.cfg) and that quite possibly could be it.

Go to (or re-enter) the arena in question and you should see your background image all over. If not, one of quite a few different things could be holding you back (assuming you interpreted these instructions as I hoped you would).

Just post again if you encounter more problems.

Last edited by SuSE on Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
ToR911

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: or Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or u can just replace one of the bg##.bm2 files =)
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: or Reply to topic Reply with quote

ToR911 wrote:
Or u can just replace one of the bg##.bm2 files =)

... grav_fridge.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that Akai did a good job of explaining it, even though he did it the hard way. Nice choice of an image once you realized it. Fits very well.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

actually I have no idea what TeR911 is talking about, fill me in
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He's talking about changing those background pictures, like those planets... Not about changing the background itself... which is WRONG, completly WRONG!!! new_evil.gif
icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

that's what I thought...I think jena wanted to cover the background, but who knows, no replies from the starter
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I also think replacing the bg##.bmp's was not what jena was looking for.
That just might work if you make one of them about twice as big as the maximum width/height of the map (.. thousand * .. thousand pixels) icon_eek.gif that would be a picture of some MB icon_exclaim.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ya icon_sad.gif I wanted to put one background image over the whole map back in the day...little did I know you could only have 4 MBs sa_tongue.gif woeisme
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, a single color BMP that large would compress quite well. However, no one wants to go through all that work and only have one color...

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hello just testing smilely things icon_lol.gif icon_eek.gif icon_surprised.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_smile.gif icon_cool.gif icon_exclaim.gif icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 651 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.621359 seconds : 37 queries executed (84.8%): GZIP compression disabled