Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Couple of vb6 questions

View previous topic  Looking for Post :: Post Questions for visual basic....  View next topic  
Quan

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Couple of vb6 questions Reply to topic Reply with quote

How would I make my program take a screen capture for a specific area of the screen?

And

How do I make one object invisible when another object is visible?

Thanks.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Screen captures are actually more complicated than you might think. The method I've seen is to create a DC, select a bitmap into it, and then use BitBlt() to copy from the source DC. If you didn't understand that, you're not ready.

And I think you'll have to be more clear with your second question.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Quan

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay. Thanks.

Second question:

I found how how to do it. Im making an Avatar Maker and I want the user to be able to click a button an image shows up, then when they click another button in the same catagory the image within that catagory that they chose before becomes invisible..

Um I guess I can explain it better..

Okay - think of a dress up game made in Flash. Where a user clicks on a shirt and then the shirt goes on the top part of the body. It replaces the previous shirt image already on the body. Same goes for the legs, the head, neck etc..
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think the answer to that will become apparent once you actually start coding the app.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
quan

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh, okay icon_razz.gif
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

.visible=true

.visible=false

...have fun tongue.gif
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

one option (ugly + hacky)

would be to send the print screen key using vb (screen capture key)

then it would just be gettting it off the cliboard.

of couse you would need some way to preserver the cliboards current contents
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You should probably talk to Drake on SSForum because he does a lot of VB programming for his map editor.

Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:
one option (ugly + hacky)

would be to send the print screen key using vb (screen capture key)

then it would just be gettting it off the cliboard.

of couse you would need some way to preserver the cliboards current contents

VB5 had a clipboard object, so you could easily do some swapping to use your method. But, I believe it would be more work and more prone to failure.
Using the DC method is much more reliable, and only breaks in a few common cases, and the code is much smaller AND you dont have to deal with the clipboard.

Also, its nice to see you working on something that isnt designed to piss someone off, quan. Keep it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 655 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.468135 seconds : 34 queries executed (92.6%): GZIP compression disabled