Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Problems with differnt size ships

View previous topic  Newbie question: How do you put lvz in... Post :: Post File names  View next topic  
Katie
Required materials: Hulk

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Problems with differnt size ships Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can't seem to get it right. Most ships work(the smallest ones and the normal sized ones), but when I use the largest ships (150% normal size) they seem to be over-lapping when I turn the ship. Don't I have to center it on the 36x36 grid? I'm not sure whats wrong, because my Shark ship is a large ship, and it works fine.

Any ideas?

-----Drow.-----
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with differnt size ships Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wrote:
Don't I have to center it on the 36x36 grid?

Yes

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

like, provide the image please
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
150% normal size... 36x36 grid

Er, what?
150% is 54x54 for each ship. So that's 540 wide and 216 high altogether.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Katie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All I know is that each of my Shark frames fit perfectly into a 36x36 frame. They are the largest ships, small ships fit through a 1x1 hole, Normal through a 2x1 hole, and Largest ships through a 3x1 hole. Understand know? It could be me just not looking closely enough, but the P.O.S. Leviathan always overlaps in-game...
Katie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm using the individual ship#.bm2 ship#.bm2 files, not the ships.bm2. All the small and normal ships work fine, but the Leviathan over-laps. Even the other Large ship (Shark) is fine.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Akai wrote:
like, provide the image please
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Do you mean when you go up to a wall, the graphic overlaps the wall? If so you need to increase the radius of that ship.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Katie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, when I turn the ship, the right wing will appear on the left side of the image. The radius is fine. I mean that if my ship is pointing strait up, and I turn the ship clockwise, when I start to turn the ship, parts of the right side appear on the left.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

then the "ship" images aren't aligned in the total image properly
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Katie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's what I thought, but when I cropped them out of their respective .bm2's, they were equal in size. Also, they are the same width, and were both pasted to the left side of the bm2, so even if it was not properly alligned up and down, why would it overlap on the left side?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

just post the friggin' image sa_tongue.gif
Katie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dunno how!

BTW Akia, you ready to start up the project again?

I was fired from the zone for something stupid reason, but anyhow... Voila! Here I am with time on my hands.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you used MSPaint to do the pasting, when you zoom in it sometimes moves 1 pixel down and to the right, so make sure you are in the topleft before you begin.
Setting the background colour to a contrasting colour can also help if pasting individual rotations (I usually use dark green, easy on the eyes).
If you press the "postreply" button on the forum instead of using the "Quick Reply" box there is an option to attach a file.
Katie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I've known about the MSPaint pixel-correction for some time, so I know that I have placed it in the right spot. I'll try to attach the picture with this message.

Ok, well they are actually in a .zip file(E.G. Ship#.bm2, Ship#.bm2 etc etc), so I've attached the .zip file.

Ships.zip - 171.54 KB
File downloaded or viewed 46 time(s)
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The problem is that the dimensions to the lev image aren't even (539x215), I'll investigate further tomorrow as it's getting late (unless someone else posts).
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ships 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7 are misaligned at at least one point.

Ship 3 has some non-black pixels that show near the bottom of a lot of frames.

Ships 5 and 7 are unnecessary additions, since they are the default 5 & 7 (terrier and lancaster). If you for some reason really don't like rolling, though, you could rip 5 and 7 directly from the default ships.bm2 (36 x 36 pixel grid) and they'll be properly aligned.

Ships 6 and 8 seem a bit jittery, but don't look misaligned persay.

------

All but #4 look like ships I've seen properly aligned before, so I'm not sure exactly how you got them misaligned... Did you just take the images and just alter them by size/hue and nothing more? They should probably still be aligned properly if so, assuming the originals were.
Katie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I feel stupid now....
Katie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You didn't answer my second question though Akai. Would be interested in starting up the project again?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh my bad

I sort of retired, but I can probably help with stuff if you know what you want
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 1001 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.521886 seconds : 47 queries executed (92.4%): GZIP compression disabled