Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Need help for configure asss server in german!

View previous topic  Error loading module again Post :: Post ASSS Guides  View next topic  
Cybertraxx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Need help for configure asss server in german! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hello, my problem is, that my english is not very good and in want to run a Subspaceserver! Ive downloaded the asss server ( vers. 1.4.2 for Linux ) and copy the files into my root folder/subspace/*.*

[EDIT] My Server runs with Plesk 7,5 reloaded [/EDIT]

But now i have the Problem. How must i configure the server? I dont know anything hopw i run a subspace-server an accuratly i dont know what i must change to run the server. And the second problem is, that my English is not the best ( Olny 2 Years Scoolenglish) becaus i hope, someone can give me a link to a totorial in german oder can say me, what i must change to run the server ( At best in german )!

I know that is much what i want from You, but i hope, someone did the work to tell me what i must do. And, when it works, i think, the person ist happy like me icon_smile.gif

I hope, someone did help me.

Thanks for your time to read this

Thorsten " Cybertraxx " Michels
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wouldnt go with ASSS as your first choice for starting an SS Server....however..I do not think there are any German Languaged Tutorials out there.

Try using subgame and the subgame tutorial in english. It is very easy to setup.

http://shanky.com/server

Download the server.zip, extra it, go through teh server.ini making it accurate according to your needs...put the zone online and start development!
Cybertraxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did this programm work on Plesk für Linux ?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Unfortunately the asss website is offline, there was a userguide on there. (I think 1.1.7 might have shipped with a userguide inside the .tar.gz).

To run asss you don't need to change anything from what comes inside the archive. However it's a good idea to use the run-asss script, which will restart the server when it exits (?shutdown -r command). You need to edit the ASSSHOME variable.

To set the port and zone name have a look at conf/global.conf, to add staff look at conf/staff.conf and to add arenas put each arena in its own sub directory of the arenas directoy, see arenas/(default) for an example.

I've never used plesk myself, I don't know what it does.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Cybertraxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, i think i configure all what i must, but when i now start te run-asss script, WinSCP say´s =

Command '.run-asss start'
failed with shutdowncode 126 and errormessage
: -bash: ./run-asss: /bin/sh
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I found in many files in first line #!/bin/sh but such directory is not in the rar inside icon_sad.gif
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try and start asss by sending 'bin/asss' in winscp.

The program sh is part of a linux system and doesn't come with asss. It's possible you don't have access to it. To test this try sending 'which sh' in winscp to see if it does exist.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 673 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.441526 seconds : 31 queries executed (92.0%): GZIP compression disabled