Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Hope for Linksys Routers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic  Can I start an off line zone and enter... Post :: Post Server/Client issues  View next topic  
totalpwnage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's been a long time since I've had a zone. So now I'm trying to do it again, but now for some reason I can't access 192.168.1.1 :S. I need some help because I can't access any of my routers settings and now I can't play with my PSP online either because I lost all my settings on it :<.
My router version is the LinkSys WRT54GS. Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1 . Yet, I type in 192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.1.1 and still can't get into the router settings. I have disabled all firewalls that I know of, but whenever I type in 192.168.1.1, it says "Page Can Not Be Displayed."
There's no username and password prompt that pops up at all... It's really confusing. Even more weird, I was able to access the router a few months ago. I've also been able to make a zone before using the same router. I don't have the same settings, though, so I don't remember which ports I forwarded.

This is really confusing me, and I don't know if I need to reset the router to factory defaults or something like that. Please provide suggestions.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok I tried looking at there tech site but didn't find anything, you might have to go there and email there support team about your problem. Only thing I could think of would be if your using xp you can go into control panel/add new programs then click on window components and under networking check mark the one for upnp and install that. After the install it should say new hardware found and under the my network places the router should be listed and after you double click on it it should ask for the username and password then take you to the setup page... hopefully that will work
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
totalpwnage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wEaViL wrote:
Just look at the post before mine, I won't quote the whole thing.

Neither of the 2 computers I tried worked. UPnP showed nothing.
wEaViL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok.. only thing I could say is call tech support.... you could try tripping the reset button on the router which should reset all of that info... I would try tech support first before that just incase.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
totalpwnage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, that was stupid. All I needed to do was unplug the power from the router and then plug it back in. I have to remember these things more often :<

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Linksys hosting Reply to topic Reply with quote

I read the linksys router post and I was able to go through and get all the router settings correct to the best of my knowledge, and I set my billing ip to localhost instead of 127.0.0.1 because i'll be logging in on this computer as well as hosting the test zone. Other people are able to go in and see the maps and everything, but when I try to enter, it just goes to the wb flying screen and never actually connects.. Is there some setting I need to do with my linksys router to allow it to loop around and let me into the zone while i'm hosting it?

Thanks,

Jayfortyfive
wEaViL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try adding a custom zone to the list with the ip as 127.0.0.1 and the port being the same port that your server uses... that should work

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: RE:Question Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks man, working fine. I had tried that before, but I think it was before I had all the routing settings correct and it didn't let me in, but it works fine now. Thanks again!

Jayfortyfive
wEaViL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Your welcome, glad its working now biggrin.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Help Reply to topic Reply with quote

How do you get the server to automatically log the player user name and pass in a txt so you don't have to create it every time you have to close the subbill and restart the server for whatever reason.

Is there a setting somewhere for me to change?

Thanks

-Cord
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's what a biller is for.

This is a popular one: http://www.catid.ssihosting.com/files/ssb2.zip
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re:question Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh. Thanks biggrin.gif

I think that should do the trick!

Preciate it.

-Cord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: P.s Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have had the subbill running before, and it is connected etc, but whenever I click yes for it to create, I don't see anything in the subbill log. Is there a sitting in the subbill.ini I have to set for it to log it?
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry but a biller isnt going to save names and passwords plainly in a file, if your intent is to retrieve those, give up now.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Intent Reply to topic Reply with quote

My intent isn't really to retrieve those, it's just to have it set up like real zones that log the names so that every time the server recycles it doesn't ask you to create the user name and pass you have already done like 20 times. I just want it to keep the names.. There is that scoreman thing in the server packet, does that have anything to do with it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: P.s. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also, at home I had gotten it working that other people could enter my zone, and I could enter it from the same computer I was hosting it, but now I have the 127.0.0.1 added custom to my list, and I can get on, but it's showing up unavailable for everyone else trying to access. What should I do?

-Cord
wEaViL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Please post your new questions in a new post in the proper forum. You will get more help that way since most people don't check replies to this old thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 487 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.589345 seconds : 42 queries executed (83.8%): GZIP compression disabled