Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
web stats

View previous topic  regiontriggers Post :: Post SkyBill - TCP BILLER alpha.  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: web stats Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought it would be nice to have some webstats since I play other games that have them.
http://toktok.sscentral.com/daws/index.php
Any ideas for improvement?

Hopefully this should make more people want to use asss.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Might I suggest different types of sorting(by kills, points, etc.) and a way to retrieve this stuff as well, ie a command for players in game to view the top X players in whatever stat with a command.

Also, It would be pretty groovey if you got people's banners on there.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Some kind of sorting would be good, I'll probably go with a ss scores type thing rather than windows style clickable column headings.

Viewing stats ingame, I'm not sure about this, people can just alt-tab and visit the site. But I plan on releasing the code when this has matured more.

Banners should be possible, although to keep db size down I'll probably make it purge banners after a player has a very short amount of inactivity and only allow them if they have a certain amount of points.

Some kind of ranking would be nice, but I'm not sure on a formula right now.

Edit: Changed site layout and added sorting.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Seem's promising...
2dragons
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Banner Store Size: 96 bytes
Max Number of Players You'll Ever Track with Asss (considering the game suddenly becomes a huge hit for the next generation of young gamers and Asss takes over as the dominent server): 1,000,000

Total Maximum Banner Storage Space Required (assume 4 byte overhead for identifying (give you lots of room)): 100 * 1,000,000 / 1024 /1024 = 95.367431640625M.

Assuming a more realistic view of maybe 5000 players over lots of time: 0.476837158203125M

I think you should store banners.

http://www.trenchwars.org/SSBE

I decided to add in perhaps you want to store the overhead of the file/bitmap headers. If so then we're boosting up quite a bit. 1174 bytes plus 4 overhead. 1178 bytes/banner. 5.6171417236328125M for 5000 users. Still not bad.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok I'll keep banners for a bit longer. It currently deletes players after 40 days, but I think I'll add code for the fortnightly reset and add a drop down to choose the time period (although that will probably use even more space, something like 52/2=26 times more).

What about more stats? Like all the ones on ss scores? Or something like most greens.

Edit: I decided to store banners in a separate database so a player can have at most 1 banner at a time no matter how many reset intervals have passed.

Edit: Made a logo.
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Added some cheap antialiasing to it for a file size increase of 125%

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I want credit for messing with the headers! sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I only have paint so thanks for the antialiasing. Solo Ace I checked the logs and you didn't actually contribute any code, but I haven't forgotten you.
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't know how this is implemented, so I can't comment on it yet, but I think it would be best if it was integrated with the existing stat system, so you get automatic support for history, all the existing and future stats, etc.

One way to do this would be to have another process running alongside asss that opened the same database and could serve that data on some port, perhaps with a custom protocol or with http. The web page could then query that process to get the latest stats. I suppose you could even embed it in asss if you wanted, which might simplify things a little.

A downside of this approach is that there's no index over the values, so queries like "top ten kills in this arena" are slow, because you'd have to iterate over everything. You could run those every once in a while and cache the results, maybe.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know I didn't actually do anything as I was kidding, Smong. sa_tongue.gif
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The current model I'm using is an asss module acts as a client and sends http messages containing stats data to a website. A php page then processes the message and store it in some kind of database also on the web server. (It seems like a highly dodgy method to me but it works).

My goal was to avoid rewriting asss stats/db in mysql and to avoid having to run another kind of server (such as mysql) that would require more ports being opened.

The way I saw it with dbtool is a script would have to be scheduled to run dbtool, and then ftp the results to a webserver. As I don't have a dedicated server this didn't seem attractive to me. Although after saying that a module could do the scheduling.
baseball43v3r
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

add in a clan search. I remember hz's stats were pretty in depth and for leagues everything could be found. they had goals and ptime and kills and all that other groovy stuff so if certain stats could be outputed (say for cetain game types or for league stats) then that would be good as well. i dont know if they have old stats archived but it might be a nice place to look if your looking for statistical output
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I added goals, ball time and kill/death/bounty sprees. Since having these all at once makes the table too wide you have to choose a grouping of stats to see.

If I add squad search, I'll have to change the current output format to that of ss scores - with the player name and squad name above the table, and one table per player matched. That would be to keep the width sensible.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yey for banners! biggrin.gif
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm releasing this for general use since development has slowed.

I've included the source, precompiled binaries for windows and linux and of course the web interface.

v1.2 1.4.2 src doc so dll makefile

asss-daws-1.2.zip - 33.56 KB
File downloaded or viewed 59 time(s)
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Throw a link into the Quick Links thread.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have fixed an error with the banners, this only effects index.php so I'm only uploading that as a patch.

Going over the thread I see a lot of stuff I said I might do, but never did. I'm going to recap what is does and doesn't do:
Does:
- different types of sorting(by kills, points, etc.).

Doesn't:
- a command for players in game to view the top X players.
- purge banners after a player has a very short amount of inactivity and only allow them if they have a certain amount of points.
- I think I'll add code for the fortnightly reset and add a drop down to choose the time period.
- another process running alongside asss that opened the same database and could serve that data.
- clan search.

index.php v1.1

daws-patch1.zip - 6.48 KB
File downloaded or viewed 74 time(s)
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1.3 Update
Minor cleanup.
Possible future bug fix.
Added "Reset period" to web interface (currently requires manual intervention to copy/edit files every reset).
Recompiled binaries for 1.4.3 (not sure if it was necessary, but whatever).

The most noticeable update is that you can choose which reset period to view stats from.

v1.3 (39k 1.4.3 src doc so dll makefile)

asss-daws-1.3.zip - 38.04 KB
File downloaded or viewed 89 time(s)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 645 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 1.030142 seconds : 46 queries executed (95.4%): GZIP compression disabled