Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Open Source RPG.

View previous topic  rtf3html Post :: Post Need some Win32 help  View next topic  
Sercit
99.5% Optimistic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Open Source RPG. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Some groups and myself are working to create an Open Source RPG. We're wanting to do it "like" Subspace, in the Regards that it will be multiserver and linked together, and each Zone will have the choice of being apart of the community as a D20 or Persona as well as apart of the main continuity or a stand alone server all their own.

We have guys who can handle the server-side, and we can get artists to take care of all thte artwork and I'm heading up the main group of Writers and GMs for the game, but we're needing help with the client aspect of it.

We're looking to get it done in a six month time period, now the key aspect of the client is we want to have it so that we can update it on a semi-periodic level.

I know there should be a few of you guys who might be interested in this, and I know its a LOT of work for one person, so maybe a group of coders could work together on it and we can get it done. If anyone is interested, just pm me or reply here.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If the project actually has a chance of success maybe I can help out. It would definitely be a group project though, I can't imagine writing an MMORPG all by myself.

I'm assuming you want C++?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Sercit
99.5% Optimistic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah. I'd say the chance of it going from start to end is pretty high, but only if we can find someone to help lead and handle the Client development.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If it's going to be open source, then make sure ALL authorization is server-side. SS/Cont has almost all authorization client-side.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm thinking not entirely open source, but maybe some kind of security.dll setup like ASSS. Black boxes are nice when it comes to security.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Sercit
99.5% Optimistic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll set up the board for the development. I'll shoot the link later.

Edit:
And the link is shot.
Sercit
99.5% Optimistic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Updated.
Sercit
99.5% Optimistic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If your still interested in it, I'm going to actually compile up a staff of artists and a list of the basic features I think we'll need. Its a lot of work for one person, but I think if we can get it started we'll find more coders for the other aspects.
Quan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, mabye I can be of assistance.. though I never made anything so complex icon_sad.gif
Sercit
99.5% Optimistic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Way I see it is this, not many of us have done something like this. Heck, I've never organised this many people before, which is why I'm wanting to split them into smaller groups with a head over each group to cause as little drama as I can.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quan will not be useful.
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
Quan will not be useful.

Hear Hear!
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're being too critical; if he tries hard and dedicates himself he could probably help the project out.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Quan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thanks for having my back, BaK. icon_smile.gif

You're right.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bak wrote:
You're being too critical; if he tries hard and dedicates himself he could probably help the project out.

Hard work isn't enough. On a programming project, I'd take a half hearted genius over a Forrest Gump any day.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 657 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.493190 seconds : 40 queries executed (88.5%): GZIP compression disabled