Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Let the games begin!

View previous topic  Search Function Post :: Post Do you think gravitron posts too much?  View next topic  
Mrs P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: News.Txt Reply to topic Reply with quote

How does a sysop update the news file on a remote server?
I have been told to use the *putfile command but it doesn't seem to work.

mrsp@abcxyz.demon.co.uk
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:01 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Let the games begin! Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is how it goes:
You spamm and smut talk and shit, and I get to abuse my new forum powers to move your threads, lock, edit, delete and eventually ban you!
Fan isn't it?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:02 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Didn't I used new subject??
Miney, the forums are a tad...screwed.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tec27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:11 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: wth???? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mrs. P posted in 1969!Wow, she must have been rich in order to get her hands on a computer....
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:00 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol, 1969! anyway, use *putfile news.txt. the new newsfile that you want to put up should be in your continuum folder.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:36 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Grav: Being mean to others mean you get to have those things happen to you. Also, the reply-subject does appear, it just is in your message in a little box above it, it doesn't actually change the original thread's subject. And as for the 1969, i was playing around trying to get 70 meg worth of old archive messages into the forums, and they must have posted while i was locking forums/updating sql, etc.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:54 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is trash talk right? so I was having a bit of fun.
I am well aware where the reply subject and new topic buttons are.
After I made my topic using NEW TOPIC I saw all of the sudden P's msg and wondered what the hell has happened.

By the way, where did the mod buttons disappeared to all of the sudden?
I can't even delete my own post, less mention others's.

I think there was once ?getnews and *putnews on one of the subgames, were they removed?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:06 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Look on front page, it shows which sections how what groups as moderators. If you happen to notice, trashtalk doesn't have any. Its like that so you can't edit/move/ban things from here, since it is to be trashtalk like you said.
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:18 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You say that now, but if I start trashing your ass I bet I'll find myself locked outside the system pretty fast. tongue.gif
Besides, icon_rolleyes.gif *puts up innocent puppy face* icon_rolleyes.gif after all these years icon_twisted.gif don't you trust me!?!? icon_twisted.gif
Really, I can moderate even the trash talk lounge well, infact, I am probably one of the best suited guys for the job (really ask anyone).
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:20 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The idea is that the trash talk doesn't need moderated. Its a trash talk section.
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:27 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sigh.
Miney dude, you suck. new_let_it_all_out.gif

[Edited by Mine GO BOOM on Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:30 pm]
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

emot-lol.gif
MGB AMZ LAMER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

waaah! he banned me! you mofo!
icon_cry.gif
Snake_hellfish
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:56 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OMg is graviton really banned or u just edited for fun???
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:23 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

te best thing about power is that the more you have the more you can abbuse... :D[/quote]
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No dufus, GravitRon has edited his own post to make fun and it worked cuz MGB laughed.

Right on Helicon! new_evil.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hehehe... you bite too easily... wow third person
Snake_hellfish
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey how u lvl up cuz dr brain was newb now hes novice htf (how the fu*k) He did???? (not frustrated) [lol i dont wanna be banned icon_exclaim.gif ]
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:12 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The forum has the ability to title people. I can do staff titling (what myself, grav, and other staff has), custom titles (platinum-halo has one), or goes by post count. Just be warned, i like having fun with things that can be customized :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 673 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.647642 seconds : 44 queries executed (71.7%): GZIP compression disabled