Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Zone idea -- looking for helpers

View previous topic  5 Zone Ideas Post :: Post Run Murphy!  View next topic  
Nous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Zone idea -- looking for helpers Reply to topic Reply with quote

Zone idea (for those interested in either hearing it or joining the development team)

You are a miner-mercenary, tasked with getting precious metals from other planets and sending them back to earth for the betterment of your home planet. To do this, you find minerals (powerballs) and take them to a refinery (goal). Upon succesfully delivering minerals, you get a cut of the profits to upgrade your ship.

At the same time you are a also a mercenary, tasked by your government with protecting your cargo, other miners, and the fields used to procure your precious metals. Other races (teams) are desperate to cut into your profits and this simply cannot be allowed.

Teams:
Two (maybe more as we grow) public teams will compete.

We will allow individual races (private teams) to attempt to get their cut of the profits. Some will do this by taking over mineral deposits, some will do this by killing miners as they approach the refinery and steal the cargo for their own gain. I believe this will encourage the growth of pirate squads who are devoted to the zone moreso than their pub freq counterparts.

Classes:
Miners -- the ones who cheifly do the heavy lifting. Their ships have more powerful engines able to carry the heavy loads, but are therefore quite a bit less agile when carrying minerals, and essentially defenseless.

Pirates -- Light, quick, and deadly. Unable to carry minerals due to the weight of the metals, they are the attackers and defenders of the team.

Mercenaries -- Can carry minerals, but speed and manueverability will be mildly diminished. They are the middle road between Pirates and Miners.

Engineers -- Every team needs at least one to rule the game. They can erect large powerful walls (at a price) that can seal in their mineral deposit from outside attack. They are also the only ones in posession of a powerful warp core that allows miners to attach to them back home after depositing minerals (or when under attack) thereby cutting mining time effectively in half.

Thats about it. If you are interested in helping design/build/code, AIM me @ Euphoricism.

Thanks!
Nous
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:33 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I like the gameplay ideas! I might contact you later!

lpstvb@hotmail.com (MSN) if you can.
Or e-mail, whatever. icon_smile.gif
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:14 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That is very interesting idea! I loved it. I would truly hope to see this come true because it sounds very neat.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:09 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will need help. I have the idea, and I know what I want the map to look like -- but I'm not a graphics guy -- can't design the ships, tilesets, etc.

I'll also need a temporary host as I'm behind a router that I don't have access to.

Email me: Euphoricism@gmail.com
AIM me: Euphoricism

~Nous~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:01 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Its a soccer zone with an illusion of a story line. icon_razz.gif
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:36 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Zone sounds real cool! I'd be glad to help ya!
Contact me on AIM/etc <my info is on my contact information> and I will host your zone on SST icon_smile.gif
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:51 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I like the idea of miners and stuff (you could add a great story line).

Surely then this would be RPG?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:20 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, a type of RPG. I'm thinking of putting the game on say a 20-30 minute timer, so that every one starts with a blank slate at the lowest levels and has to work as a team to upgrade. The team that works best together will then get the best upgrades.
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:45 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So when will this zone have a test zone open?
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:21 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I love to help but I just begin to play Continuum, this month.
I am learning right now icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:01 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The zone is up under the name SST Conquest.

However, without a bot coder, I'm dead in the water.
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:13 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try using ASSS instead or learning yourself. Sometimes it's just better to do things yourself rather then trying to track down people to do it for you.

From what I'm told creating plugins for mervbot is quite easy.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:42 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It is if you actually know C++.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Even script kiddies can write mervbot plugins if they use Underlord's tutorial as a reference

(I did back in the day when I only knew Java)

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:23 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What is the age where people no longer are refered to as kids?
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:53 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

about 13 or 14 because thats when they become teens/young adults.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:33 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's easy if you know C++, but you can work it out with underlord's if you don't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:18 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My coding knowledge died with QBasic back in middle school. ;/
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:51 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you for telling us that "guest" i'm sure he'll contact you really easily.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:18 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds cool, i bet there are some nice Java coders who will code you a bot in TWCore. icon_lol.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but I think he just volunteered to write you a bot.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:41 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yea if i have time, im putting the finishing touches on my duel bot and race bot. School and all new_let_it_all_out.gif . I'll come by and check it out sometime.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:03 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have no Idea what's happening with this zone now?
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:10 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What's stopping everyone being a pirate and reducing the zone to deathmatch which will then mean everyone leaves?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 667 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.745223 seconds : 49 queries executed (79.5%): GZIP compression disabled