Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Football bot looking for a home...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  AI How It Works: A-Star (Pathfinding) ... Post :: Post Ball Ident (PowerBall)  View next topic  
Nickisis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Football bot looking for a home... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am the writer of the football bot that Hockey Zone used to use. However, there was a major falling out between the two of us, and I have decided to take my bot elsewhere.

This bot is based off of Vampz original bot, and in fact, Vampz played the bot on a daily basis. It has tons of features, and I would really like to get a home for it somewhere.

Some of the features:

1) Fully functional football bot.
2) Field goals, onside kicks, punting, fake punting, it's all in their! Basically anything you can do in a football game is in the bot
3) Here is an example of stats that are stored during the game...

-------------------------------------------------GAME STATS---------------------------------------------
Maverick_HZ vs Tjian
***************RAT TCK BLK SCK TO CAT C/A PYD INT TDC TDS PEN WRY RBY YPC FGS FGB
H-dogg 26 5 0 0 0 9 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 30 3 0/0 0
A_Pac 14 2 0 0 2 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
Fett 10 2 9 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -30 0 0/0 0
Super Saiyan 4 1 0 0 0 1 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 15 0 15 0/0 0
Tjian 37 4 1 0 3 1 0/0 0 0 0 1 0 41 0 41 0/0 0
grandhiman 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
Segar 15 4 0 1 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
Nickisis 17 2 13 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
Hot Rodster 14 1 1 0 0 1 0/0 0 0 0 1 0 23 0 23 0/0 0
4U2NV 15 1 13 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
LBCsoldier 8 2 0 0 0 2 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 6 0/0 0
Maverick_HZ -8 1 7 0 0 0 3/6 6 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
Scuzzy Sureshot49 4 0 1 1 4 0/0 0 0 0 3 0 35 12 11 0/0 0
The Agony Scene44 0 0 0 1 0 10/15 40 0 3 1 0 0 13 0 1/2 0
Nikon F5 6 0 0 0 1 1 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
Deion_Sanders 17 3 7 2 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
eXpecto patronu4 2 0 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
Sir Defense 6 3 0 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
Promotion 2 0 2 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
Wizenbane 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
activation -29 1 0 0 0 0 7/15 0 5 0 0 0 0 2 0 0/0 0
Kane 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0
volt 12 0 0 0 0 1 0/0 0 0 0 1 0 31 0 31 0/0 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stat Maverick_H Tjian
-----------
Time Of Possession 6:27 5:43
Total Yards 47 138
Total Catches 10 10
Average YPC 4 13
Total Attempts 21 15
Total Completions 10 10
Total Sacks 2 2
Total Turnovers 0 8
Total Ints Thrown 8 0
Total Penalties 0 0
Total First Downs 2 8
Third Down Conversions 1 1
Longest Field Goal 33 yards by The Agony Scene
Most Yards 47 yards by Scuzzy Sureshot
Most Catches 9 catches by H-dogg
Highest YPC (min 3 catches) 11 YPC by Scuzzy Sureshot
Most Tackles 5 tackles by H-dogg
Most Blocks 13 blocks by Nickisis
Most Sacks 2 sacks by Deion_Sanders
Most Interceptions 3 interceptions by Tjian
Most Penalties 0 penalties by
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The leading running back is Scuzzy Sureshot with a 30 RB rating
The leading receiver is Scuzzy Sureshot with a 35 WR rating
The leading quarterback is The Agony Scene with a 28 QB rating
The leading defender is Tjian with a 20 defensive rating
The MVP is Scuzzy Sureshot with a 49 rating!

As you can see, tons of stats are stored, along with MVP rankings in multiple categories.

4) Full mySQL support for stats. All stats can be written and stored in a mySQL database, along with commands to retrieve stats

5) Top ranking queries (such as Most sacks, most blocks, best defenders, etc...)

6) Full league support built in, all that needs to be set up is the database

7) The entire game is self contained and can be run by the bot. In fact, right before the bot left HZ 3 succesful league games had been run, all with minimal input from the staff.

icon_cool.gif Much much more, in fact, so much I can't even list it all here!

I spent the last 5 months on this bot, and it is almost in its final stages. I am more than willing to help anyone set up the database for their zone so the bot can run there. A database isn't required, and I'm more than happy to customize that bot.

Hope there are some takers, we've been the biggest draw in HZ for a while now, and in fact brought back a large chunk of population to HZ, so there is already a humungous following.

If you're interested, please contact me at colson1175@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you guys...

Nickisis
Nickisis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry about the formatting on the stats, thats' just how it comes out when I cut and paste.

Note, this is much more than the original football bot, which had about 3000 lines of code. This one has almost 19-20000 lines of code, so don't confuse the two icon_smile.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

19 lines to 20000 lines? That's quite a difference. icon_razz.gif

More availability is good. Although I won't use it, thanks.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll admit the bot is fun, but you must consider the reasons HZ has abandoned the bot, afterall they had a league in preseason already started so it wasn't just them giving up on it.

This is from http://rshl.org/smf/index.php/topic,2840.0.html (hz football forum):

Nickisis is the bot creator, 4u2nv is the league coordinator, bluegoku is hz's sysop

Nickisis wrote:
Long story short, a month or so ago, 4U made me agree that in order for me to continue working on the bot, I had to send him the source code. Well, I sent the source code, but I sent bogus source code, all the numbers are changed, stuff out of order, etc... Basically, it's my bot, and I didn't want anyone having working source code, cause I didn't think it was fair.

In the end, I realized I was basically a donkey with a carrot dangling in front of me. If I ever sent them the real source code, they could basically make me do whatever they want cause if not they could just say "you're fired" and take my source code and run. Sorry, but I spent 4-5 months of my life working on this bot, it is my source code, no one else's.

BlueGoku wrote:
Oh boy. When you gave me the source code a few weeks ago I promised I wouldn't give it out to anyone and that we wouldn't hold it over your head and fire you unless you snapped again. To this day I have held that promise. The source code is still in my inbox, I didn't even save it on my computer. No one else has the source code either.

You not only lied about sending me the correct source code, you also put in multiple backdoors in the bot that's up on the server. I have taken the bot offline, I've taken your bot's sysop away and I'm contemplating banning you from HZ for this. For now, I'll leave you with this: You're fired.

BlueGoku wrote:
If you think I'm going to allow his bot to run on the server with all those backdoors you're mistaken. I've been supporting football from the beginning, helping out with the administrative things and such. The football ops and I made a deal with Nickisis that if he wanted to continue working on the project he would have to send me the source code (because up until that point he was basically dangling it infront of us, not to mention the night before he "quit" and took his bot offline). He agreed and I never once questioned him. I trusted he did the right thing and in return I never even so much as opened the source code, let alone send it to someone else. It was part of the deal that he would not be fired unless he snapped again or did something similarly outrageous. I'd say lying to us in that manner and putting multiple backdoors in the bot constitutes the latter.

You can blame me all you want, but the fact of the matter is we had a deal and he broke his end of the bargain, right from the beginning too.

P.S: The only person struggling for power is Nickisis. I had to practically force 4u to have sysop. Nick, on the other hand, was afraid he would lose his control over football if he sent me the correct code.
P.P.S: I just want to emphasize here that there are backdoors in the bot allowing Nick to do whatever he wants whenever he wants. I don't see any way I could ever possibly leave the bot running on the server.

Nickisis wrote:
3) My backdoors do nothing to harm the game, the people, or the server. They were also put in as a precaution in case something like this happened. I have never once abused my powers in football, not in pub, not in league, not anywhere, and I had the power to do so. It's just not my style. People are throwing around the word "backdoor" because it is a word that makes people think of viruses and the like, all my backdoors allowed me to do was control the game.

I personally doubt Nickisis would try to steal anything or ruin a server, but then again it's your server and therefore your risk.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Such a shame of such a good bot and all the work spent into it.
If there were no backdoors and there was no history behind all this you would be more then welcome to apply the bot and maybe even work in SSCU 17th Parallel.

I hope you understand the open source principle one day, Nickisis.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Nickisis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Never mind, we have fixed our differences. The bot will remain in HZ icon_smile.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bah. It should still be open source.

I should have done my research. I would never trust a plugin made by you.
Oer The Dragon
Novice

Location: Norway-Bergen: The city between the seven mountains

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

with great bots you can make your own zone
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

But then his backdoors would be useless.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How can MERVBot plugins be distributed without being open source? Isn't MERVBot lisensed under the GPL?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nickisis wrote:
Sorry about the formatting on the stats, thats' just how it comes out when I cut and paste.

You use the "[code]" braces to do formated text.
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GPL? I don't see any GPL.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bak, he can release closed-souce plugins. But when you make plugins for a specific zone, you should do the honorable thing and give them the source code if they ask for it.

I would STRONGLY recommend that NO ONE use his bot. It is clear that nickisis is a lier and sounds fairly paranoid. I find it very hard to believe that he is a competent programmer if he needs 20k lines of code (ASSS probably has less) to write a bot that really isn't all that amazing, plus his behavior hints at his immaturity and lack of professionalism. I think its safe to assume that he is another copy/paste script-kiddie, only an idiot would place back doors in his code. I'm surprised that he didn't get net-banned for life, he placed a zone's security at risk.
Quote:
Security - Disrupting or attempting to disrupt the security of the
billing server, any SSC zone or server. Examples include flooding
servers or players, spreading knowledge of how to disrupt security,
unauthorized access to the billing or zone servers, stealing
passwords, impersonating SSC Zones, or distributing confidential
information about servers or players. Maximum 30 day first offense
net ban for a threat to disrupt security.

If he hasn't been banned from SSC already, it should be done so that he can't repeat his behavior. Nickisis, you fucking disgust me.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think he's only bragging about the number of lines it needed, but whatever.

I fully agree with 50 cent.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

well said, 50 ploss
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maybe you guys know something I don't, but from this thread it seems you are being harsh to this guy. HZ accepted him back for a start so he must be ok. It seems you are overrating backdoors, from nickisis description they just control the game. So are my ?elim start|stop|status command parameters backdoors too?

I just checked asss/src/core, it has 27k lines. Open source software still has backdoors, for example look at mozilla firefox with all those security vulnerabilities it has, if 8% of people are said to use it then it won't be long before headline exploits come out for it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I said I wouldn't trust him because he sent the source without the backdoors and even source that probably wouldn't work. I don't mind purposeful backdoors, as long as I know they're there.
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why does he always need access anyway? If he eventually leaves staff (either by his own will or by force), he doesnt need access anymore. At that point, chances are they will only be abused.

Secondly, no one should have the ability to say 'screw you guys, im taking my bot and going home'. Trying to give himself that leverage is another sign that he shouldnt have any power until he grows up.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

50% Packetloss wrote:
Bak, he can release closed-souce plugins. But when you make plugins for a specific zone, you should do the honorable thing and give them the source code if they ask for it.

I would STRONGLY recommend that NO ONE use his bot. It is clear that nickisis is a lier and sounds fairly paranoid. I find it very hard to believe that he is a competent programmer if he needs 20k lines of code (ASSS probably has less) to write a bot that really isn't all that amazing, plus his behavior hints at his immaturity and lack of professionalism. I think its safe to assume that he is another copy/paste script-kiddie, only an idiot would place back doors in his code. I'm surprised that he didn't get net-banned for life, he placed a zone's security at risk.
Quote:
Security - Disrupting or attempting to disrupt the security of the
billing server, any SSC zone or server. Examples include flooding
servers or players, spreading knowledge of how to disrupt security,
unauthorized access to the billing or zone servers, stealing
passwords, impersonating SSC Zones, or distributing confidential
information about servers or players. Maximum 30 day first offense
net ban for a threat to disrupt security.

If he hasn't been banned from SSC already, it should be done so that he can't repeat his behavior. Nickisis, you fucking disgust me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
Maybe you guys know something I don't, but from this thread it seems you are being harsh to this guy. HZ accepted him back for a start so he must be ok. It seems you are overrating backdoors, from nickisis description they just control the game. So are my ?elim start|stop|status command parameters backdoors too?

I just checked asss/src/core, it has 27k lines. Open source software still has backdoors, for example look at mozilla firefox with all those security vulnerabilities it has, if 8% of people are said to use it then it won't be long before headline exploits come out for it.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

WTF...
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Backdoors and security vulnerabilities aren't the same thing.

Backdoors should never be necessary. If the zone wanted him to have sysop, then they would have given it to him.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can we please let this thread die?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Still the best bot ever Reply to topic Reply with quote

At least there are some smart people in this thread, Nickisis never put backdoors in the bot, at least in the way people thought he did. They were just (as someone above mentioned), ways for him to control the game, they didn't give him sysop powers or anything (just things like moving the first down lines, resetting the game).

All this stuff was left in from when he was originally developing the game, and a lot of times did not have access to do certain things on his local server. However, football is STILL going on in HZ thanks to Nickisis, he made football what it is today, he is the Lombardi of Subspace Football.

Still the greatest bot ever made in Subspace, and even years ago it had a lot more options than the crap they have up in HZ now. I remember one of the HZ mods screwed up their database and the enormous amounts of stats that Nick never tracked right after that. For a while they did, and it was more stats than most modern games track. Of course, they blamed that on him as well, even though he wasn't in control of the database...lol.

Long live Nickisis, creator of the greatest bot Subspace has ever seen, and creator of one of the longest running leagues in Subspace! Nickisis has and always will be the first name associated with football, without him thousands of players would never have enjoyed it's greatness. THANK YOU NICK!!!
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You realize this thread is over 4 years old?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 759 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.528666 seconds : 50 queries executed (90.5%): GZIP compression disabled