Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Remote Biller Connection

View previous topic  SS Ports Post :: Post Continuum Game Development -- OpenGL  View next topic  
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Remote Biller Connection Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm currently hosting 2 zones and 1 biller on my server. I'm having someone host their zone, but use my biller.

Here's the problem:
I cannot connect to the zone that is being hosted on another server, but others can. It's green, has a 60-80ms ping from Continuum, and it shows others are in the zone. When I try to connect, the biller doesn't even recognize that I'm trying to connect to the zone, yet I can communicate to others from my zone, to the zone I can't connect to.

Anyone have any ideas why I can't connect? Ask more questions if needed.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pm me icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What does it say on the subgame console?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not hosting that zone, but I asked the guy who is. He said that nothing shows up on subgame about me connecting at all.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Which zone is that?
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BlooD-War (SSE)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thought I'd upload some screenshots:

Any ideas?
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can enter. Trace it. Remove it from your list and re add it again and try to enter it.
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've done that many times. Just did it again, and it still didn't work.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Contempt+ wrote:
I've done that many times. Just did it again, and it still didn't work.

Strange icon_sad.gif Maybe you dont have permission to enter new_let_it_all_out.gif
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If I didn't have permission to enter, it would say something along the lines that I don't have permissions.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok sorry I have no idea why.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Down with bitmaps.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That doesn't help me much Cyan. I can't think of any reason why I can't connect to his zone. He can connect to my computer, and others can enter his zone. It's green for me, and shows who's in it. I can trace it, and that works too.

Could it be possible that he has something blocking my IP?
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have you contacted the zone owner at all about it?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Simple: all connections from the same IP address of the billing server is treated as a connection FROM the billing server itself. This means as long as subgame thinks you are the billing server, you cannot also be a client.

This is also why some users have problems connecting to a zone on their own server.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

But the billing IP IS set to my IP address. The biller is run on my server, subgame is run on another server in california. I live in Georgia.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What he said was if you run the biller on your computer, then you can't connect to any server that is using that biller.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
What he said was if you run the biller on your computer, then you can't connect to any server that is using that biller.

I have to disagree on that 1. I connect to the zones I host all the time on the coputer that hosts them.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're also running the biller on the same computer though.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

But I've got a server, and a home computer. And I've been able to do access zones that use my biller before. I've also used a biller and hosted my own zone, and the guy who ran the biller was able to get in my zone.
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, forget about it all. I just removed him from the biller.
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry about the bump, but I was thinking.

Would this problem have anything to do with his [Directory] in the server.ini?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 660 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.660737 seconds : 48 queries executed (81.9%): GZIP compression disabled