Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
needed modules

View previous topic  Some Asss bugs Post :: Post ports  View next topic  
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: needed modules Reply to topic Reply with quote

are there any feature modules that are in plans that no one has the time to work on right now? im up for a good project/puzzle (prefferably in-game features)
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Weeeel, if you are totally bored, you could duplicate area2's bot into ASSS. If you are up to it, i can give you CVS access to all the Hyperspace MERV sources.

NOTE: I don't think you will do this, but i was just pointing it out tongue.gif

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

shoot, go for it. but chances are ill keep everything as generic as it can be... just mail me the sources, ill see what i can do. No promises as far as productivity is concerned.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What about a module than can load/run MERV plugins? Converting *arena to *a and things like that automatically.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ill look into it, ive mailed Catid. Im not sure what his take on the usability of modules is, and whether he will continue (i assume he will) support MERV.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've been thinking about a digipet module with lvz, you give it a name and feed it and stuff. When you kill, score etc. you get money to buy more toys/lvz for it.
You could either have the thing in public so the lvz stay throughout the subarenas, or have it in an subarena but have the money earning zone wide (just without those annoying "you've earned 2 gold" messages all the time).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i can get the same thing, minus the dowload for 75 cents at a cheap toy store
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Helicon wrote:
i can get the same thing, minus the dowload for 75 cents at a cheap toy store

yeah but the internet makes everything so much cooler icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought of other stuff after posting, you can train the "pet" and go into pub, summon it and use it as an auto-turret, or base anchor (for a certain time only, of course). Also you could "walk" the pet by just making a follow-bot type thing. Anyway, it's just an idea (plus the batteries never need changing), it may help to increase zone population too because players have to come back to feed their pet (or it dies, noo).
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
plus the batteries never need changing

Of course, it just costs a shitload more to use it. Computer, electricity, bandwidth, etc, but just THINK of the money you'll save in batteries!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

only if you buy they tiny little dime-sized ones at radioshack... and you run a tandy at home
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 857 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.429636 seconds : 36 queries executed (90.7%): GZIP compression disabled