Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Some Asss bugs

View previous topic  energy password Post :: Post needed modules  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Some Asss bugs Reply to topic Reply with quote

Using /?send doesn't make the graphics reload. So sending a player from an arena with lvz ships to an arena with normal graphics, the lvz is still loaded.

When you die a green comes out right? Picking up the green does not make a sound or give you anything, but it does disappear. Everyone else can still see the green, but the same happens to them when they try and pick it up. After killing someone the person that got killed sees their killer drift for a little while (when they are actually flying).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Downloading some lvz in an arena while in spec. Finish download and enter arena. Then typing ?go <same arenaname> makes a download of some kind start, only it doesn't seem to stop and I went over 100%(!) This may have been due to me putting +'s infront of some of the Misc:LevelFiles (I thought the + meant optional lvz).

Download over 100%

over100.gif - 9.42 KB
File downloaded or viewed 53 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

bahahahah sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Picano2.0
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, that is a pretty funny bug biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got another now: 2 people in a subarena, no one in public, they both type ?go and hit enter at the same time. When they get to public 0 they can't see any trace of each other, doing ?arena shows (Public 0) for both players. I'm not sure if this also happens with subgame2.
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The not loading lvzs on switch sounds like a client bug.

The empty death greens is an unimplemented feature that I thought I didn't have to implement. Apparently the server chooses the death green, so I have to write the weighted random thingy. I'll get around to it soon.

I'm not quite sure about the drifting thing.. do you mean while the killed one waits for the spawn timer to finish? If so, this probably has something to do with it not sending position updates to the killed one for some reason. I'll look into it later.

The downloads going over 100% (and all related bugs) should be fixed in my latest version.

The two people in the same arena who can't see each other is strange. I can think of two scenarios that would make that happen. I proved to myself that one of them couldn't happen, but the other was theoretically possible, so I fixed it. There might be another case to fix, though, so you should test it again when I release an updated version.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Grelminar wrote:
I'm not quite sure about the drifting thing.. do you mean while the killed one waits for the spawn timer to finish?

Yep

Grelminar wrote:
The two people in the same arena who can't see each other is strange. There might be another case to fix, though, so you should test it again when I release an updated version.

Sure
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Asss bugs Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
After killing someone the person that got killed sees their killer drift for a little while (when they are actually flying).

I think subgame2 does this too; I have noticed it before. I think that maybe the position data is no longer being sent to the killed person, but I don't know why. When this happens for me i sometimes see them flicker because of the lag (and the client makes them seem to drift by moving them along the path the were going on when the connection was lost).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 614 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.555899 seconds : 35 queries executed (93.0%): GZIP compression disabled