Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Database Entry Remover

View previous topic  Is it hard to make a chat client? Post :: Post BOT>Messages  View next topic  
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Database Entry Remover Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can someone make an application that works like Scoreman but can remove entries?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just hexedit the "entries" you want removed. icon_wink.gif
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't trust doing that. It is a very unsecure way and unproprer for that matter.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Database Entry Remover Reply to topic Reply with quote

Donkano wrote:
Can someone make an application that works like Scoreman but can remove entries?

No.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Database Entry Remover Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
[..]

No.

Why not? I think it is a program that would be benificial to all server hosts.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not really.
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, would someone make it anyways just so it is available? I have a purpose for it already.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Isn't there a way for a biller op to delete users through a command anyways?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, but you can rename them and thats how I delete names.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Like to *UNKNOWN*? sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What is wrong with a program for deleting database entries? It would be useful. Deleting entries is just a part of database maintenance.

I'll do it, Donkano, unless these guys give some good reason. But it won't be a new scoreman. You already have scoreman so you only need a program to DELETE database entries.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

xor eax wrote:
I'll do it, Donkano, unless these guys give some good reason. But it won't be a new scoreman. You already have scoreman so you only need a program to DELETE database entries.

I actually encourage you to add a feature for this. The idiots above just posted no so they could post something instead of being helpful as to giving other methods of how to do somewhat what is needed.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I have a few questions.

Donkano, what exactly do you need? Are you going to remove many entries or just a few? Is enough for you a manual selection of entries or do you need to enter a selection criterion (something like: delete <from> <to>)?

Other thing. The program will work with user.dat/score.dat/squad.dat files only. If you are using another biller and you want the program to include extra .dat files you must tell it to me ASAP.

The program will look like scoreman (a window with ListView controls). It has a menu option to open .dat files. After loading the files you can select and delete any entry.

When you delete a player, the correspondent score entry is removed too (and viceversa?). A checkbox could be added to make this feature optional.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Since Dorkanus doesn't care and nobody is giving any input, I'm dropping this. It'll be some other time.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What will happen to deleted user ids? Will they get re-used?
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

xor eax wrote:
Ok, I have a few questions.

Donkano, what exactly do you need? Are you going to remove many entries or just a few? Is enough for you a manual selection of entries or do you need to enter a selection criterion (something like: delete <from> <to>)?

Other thing. The program will work with user.dat/score.dat/squad.dat files only. If you are using another biller and you want the program to include extra .dat files you must tell it to me ASAP.

The program will look like scoreman (a window with ListView controls). It has a menu option to open .dat files. After loading the files you can select and delete any entry.

When you delete a player, the correspondent score entry is removed too (and viceversa?). A checkbox could be added to make this feature optional.

Basically I want it so you type in the the ID for whichever database and it will remove all entries attached to it.

Also, I am using for a biller:
Catid's Biller 1.11j
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He's not writing it anymore.

You should learn to do it yourself, it's not that hard.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If it's catid's, just mod the biller so ops can do it.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
If it's catid's, just mod the biller so ops can do it.

I wouldn't know how to go about it. icon_sad.gif
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Donkano, just learn how to make one. I would just hex edit if I were in the same situation. Just do what Purge said originally.. Forget the "proper" way. What exactly is the "proper" way to do it? If its for your zone, it isn't illegal.

Or, just learn a programming language like some people do. It will prevent you from having to ask for someone to code an app because you will know how to do it yourself. Im not trying to be mean or anything; I'm making a suggestion.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 657 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.557850 seconds : 45 queries executed (81.8%): GZIP compression disabled