Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Siege of Avalon Arena Needs Host

View previous topic  Zone hosting rules / quick server host... Post :: Post I Will Host  View next topic  
KomodoDragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Siege of Avalon Arena Needs Host Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am Komodo Dragon in the Subspace world, and have started creating arenas. This is by far my best work yet... I am looking for a host, but for now I will use my computer for a host. Therefore, you will be able to view my work when I have it up... Siege of Avalon in the Zone list...

Thanks for the opportunities to be great!

This is the .lvl file.... take a look if you are interested in hosting....

siegeofavalon.lvl - 128.77 KB
LVL Preview: Full Size - Half Size
File downloaded or viewed 76 time(s)
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All those animated rocks and filled in areas might not be good for frame rate.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Read this and edit your post before 1stStrike invokes his wrath upon thou.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It seems you are great at ignoring the rules of this forum. I'll give you a chance to edit your post but if you haven't fixed it according to the rules in the above posted link by tomorrow it's history.
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will say to his credit he did provide the map

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
KomodoDragon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Siege of Avalon Arena Needs Host Reply to topic Reply with quote

icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif
Sorry about the miss communication, I had forgotten where I put this post!
icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

Ok let me try again -----

Siege of Avalon is a zone based on the Computer game "Siege of Avalon" The storyline is that the good guys - people of the town Avalon - are being over run by the bad guys - Orcish type people called Sha'oul. As you can see by the updated arena map I am constantly trying to make it as much like the game map as possible. Anyway. On the Left of the map is the "Castle Avalon" in which all the good guys are hidding and defending (freq 0), in the Middle is the town which is basically the battle zone. The Avalonians send out many spies, parties and basically anyone who might be able to help defeat the Sha'oul. On the Right is the bad Sha'oul Guys who are trying to purify their ancient lands of these terrible humaniod Avalonians.

Note: I am also looking for someone to make a great shipset based on the game!

Anyway I will have Flag battles - regular and turf style.
There is "soccer" game also.
I will have events based on some of the more important battles/stories of the game.

I am in the process of making areas which you warp to as if you are going down stairs to the basement of a building, however, that is proving difficult.

I am using MervBot at the moment, but if there is a better one I may switch. I am having trouble with the pluggins....

Again I am sorry about the first post, and hope this is more tasteful! I am new to this forum and want to be as aimiable as I can. Thank you for your patience!
icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif

Here is an updated version of the map...

siegeofavalon.lvl - 139.38 KB
LVL Preview: Full Size - Half Size
File downloaded or viewed 60 time(s)
KomodoDragon
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Forgot Contact info Reply to topic Reply with quote

icon_redface.gif
Here is some contact info:

email: revfj.grothe@gmail.com
Phone: 709.673.3255
MSN: frederickjgrothe@hotmail.com

I am trying my best to comply with standard continuum protocol, so please feel free to help me .... icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the excellent post.
KomodoDragon
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the opportunity to be great!!!! I appreciate the second chance! icon_cool.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KomodoDragon
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: I host this zone off my home computer,and it is played.... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
All those animated rocks and filled in areas might not be good for frame rate.

I run the subgamer2.exe, subbiller.exe and MervBot off my home computer, and then play with guys from the local youth centre, and it is pretty fast, and there isn't a bit of lag.

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 2.8 GHZ, 256 RAM, and 80 gig HD. I even play the arena on the computer at the same time and no lag. I think that because the tiles are transparent that it doesn't affect the speed, but I am not sure.
icon_surprised.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Komodo wrote:
I run the subgamer2.exe, subbiller.exe and MervBot off my home computer, and then play with guys from the local youth centre, and it is pretty fast, and there isn't a bit of lag.

I'm surprised. Subbill (not subbiller icon_razz.gif) is a real resource hog. I'd suggest using SSB2 instead.

Komodo wrote:
I think that because the tiles are transparent that it doesn't affect the speed, but I am not sure.

Tiles, transparent or not, do lag a bit. You might not be experiencing any here, but other people might.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
KomodoDragon
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Thanks for subbill help, was looking for new one. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks again for the help. I have found a host - CBCC - and was looking for a new biller anyway. icon_cool.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 677 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.431062 seconds : 39 queries executed (92.0%): GZIP compression disabled