Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Rather odd request

View previous topic  font sheet maker Post :: Post CLIT Loading Errors  View next topic  
BloodiedHorror

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Rather odd request Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here we go...

A friend of mine has had a browser based Chatroom ment for rping for quite a few years now. I won't say what, because thats just irrelivant. The whole time he never relied too much on bans because he was luck enough to get mature people to come who don't try to get banned. Except one time a few years ago when a 'Troll' as he called him started coming and just spamming out his chat. He would ban but the Troll used proxy, and due to IP based bans things like that and AOL can't really be handeled well. This was when the guy who codes it decided to make a downloadable client, rather then the browser based chat.

I'm trying to help him by asking other methods of bans, and I know that subspace uses one that isn't based on IPs, having aol myself, and having been banned before. And naturally if your going to find people who know stuff about SubSpace its probbly here. If anyone can help me that would be great. I'm just looking for suggestions of what type of bans to use for him, and if you like.. know some code of a ban or what ever you can let me know, I unno I'm not that big on that stuff. But if you can help me please post here and let me know, and I'll see if we can talk in a messanger or something for a bit so I can figure out what to do. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try reading up here.
BloodiedHorror

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thats just information on the types of bans, My friend is writing code for an upgraded chatroom client, since the current one is just browser based, I was wondering if there was something to download that would load a good ban system into that client or something. I'm not great when it comes to those things so i have no idea how it really works out.

I unno, maybe its a stupid question to ask..
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Rather odd request Reply to topic Reply with quote

BloodiedHorror wrote:
I'm trying to help him by asking other methods of bans

Muskrat wrote:
Try reading up here.

BloodiedHorrer wrote:
Thats just information on the types of bans

If you don't know what you're looking for, refer the person coding to that link, or just let him look in the first place.
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

why is it always, "my friend is doing this stuff, so I came to ask about ____"

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Its called "minions". Or the other person is very lazy.
BloodiedHorror

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well in my case its because I wana help him out, and I understand why he posted that now, and I'm gunna look into it for a bit then. thanks Musk I can be dense alot of the time >_>;

I'm not a minion, either, More like a kiss-ass tongue.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 635 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.474300 seconds : 32 queries executed (95.3%): GZIP compression disabled