Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
*super and settings

View previous topic  Ima pest (modules) Post :: Post example target parameter function  View next topic  
make/believe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

this may be out of section, which explains why i tacked it onto this trhead, but can you give me a basic run down of any validtion the client makes IE what the server can gete away with without "confusing" the client?

also, could you explain the basics of the *super command? i know wht it does... i want to know how it does it, can it be revoked?

in essence im asking for how the client is made aware of settings and how it relies on them in sending and receiving packet data
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All *super does is send a new settings packet to the client, with the abilites set huge so it can recharge/shoot fast. The problem with this is that the server doesn't "remember" the settings it sent to the user, so during the next security checksums, the settings checksum errors out. That is why you have to temp smod/sysop a user, so they won't get kicked for checksum/security errors.

If you want to make a *super command, you can do that. Just have it create a normal settings packet, and edit the abilities you want, and send to the client. The packet structures are all in the source for you.

The server can do a lot of things without confusing the client. You can send fake users (how *mirror works in subgame), send messages without a valid userid (every so often, this may actually happen to people, but is rare and requires lots of lag when logging in). You can send them different settings, flags, balls. About anything you can do, you can tell the client, and it will accept it. Just remember, sending him a different settings/lvl (when first entering around only) will cause his checksums to be different than the current security module will handle.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 643 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.374933 seconds : 27 queries executed (95.0%): GZIP compression disabled