Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
<c> Do you have PMS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic  [idea] upgrade ship Post :: Post [DEV] tutorial on compiling custom mod...  View next topic  
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol, at max, a zone would nearly never need more than 100 prizes in the database. In the zone I play in, I don't think I've ever seen more than 20-30 prizes in the bot. Even in large zones, the events have a lot more people but only 1-5 events are run at a time and thus not very many people are prized, assuming that there are 1-3 winners from each event. So in my opinion, mysql is overkill.

But there is no doubt in my mind that you could write a better module. There is plenty I left out and I'm sure there are ideas I didn't think of that belong in the bot. But I think you are a far more capable programmer than myself, so maybe your expertise are better suited on larger module ideas.

Come to think of it, I should probably make the mod-commands in the above module global to ALLARENAS, I'll update it later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 624 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.521680 seconds : 26 queries executed (95.5%): GZIP compression disabled